Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Fender Geddy Jazz, $475 shipped.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by herrspektor, Feb 4, 2003.

1. herrspektor

herrspektor

Dec 21, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Have a couple of acquisitions brewing, so I need to raise some extra dough, so one more try...original description below.....
    ----
    It's just sitting in it's case, and has maybe gotten 10 hours playing time at home as I'm a 5-string kinda guy, thought I might see if anyone was interested.

Cosmetically, in very good shape. Neck is straight, no dings. There a few hairline scratches, only one of which can be seen without shining a light on the body or even felt with a thumbnail. I'm talking hairline here. However, I'm compelled to mention two minor issues. In a fit of stupidity, I had decided to make this a project bass...I had installed some different tuning machines, and had to drill some extra holes for the new tuning machines, as the original holes did not line completely up. However....when I reinstalled the factory Fender machines, none of the additional holes are visible. Promise. Also, the originals mounted back on just fine, no wiggle or play, although I did have to replace the mounting screws with non-originals, as I had manage to misplace a couple.

Also, when I purchased the bass new, one of the U-shaped little brackets that holds the actual tuning key in place on the back of the machine head had popped off...I received it this way. Despite my Herculean efforts, it wouldn't stay put. So in another minor fit of stupidity, I superglued it on. It works absolutely fine, but if you look, you can see traces of the glue. Also, the little plastic Fender logo had popped off and was missing off the Fender SKB-style case when I received it as well. Thought I would point these minor flaws out to anyone interested beforehand....I'm not a fan of nasty surprises myself, so there it is.

I also have a black moto pearl pickguard I'll throw in. I'll ship to the lower 48, anything else, you buy. Sorry, no pics of the actual bass yet, but I'll see what I can do if anyone's interested.

2. herrspektor

herrspektor

Dec 21, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Dropped the price a bit. $425 shipped to the good ole lower 48.