1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS-FENDER GEDDY LEE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowphatbass, May 17, 2011.

1. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    ***PRICE DROP*** $600
    -NICE AND LIGHT-9LBS! Will consider partial trade on 8-12 channel Mackie(or similar)mixer.

I've come to the realization that this neck is just too small, I don't mind narrow width and I don't mind shallow depth, but this combination of the two just isn't happening for me, feels like a pencil.

This is an earlier model I think(serial#B007xxx), but I don't know much about dating these so please do your own research. This bass has been played and includes wear and some "Mini-Mojo". While the bass looks minty on stage, there are swirl marks, scratches, pressure dings, etc. The finish along the edges of the fretboard/binding is also starting to wear in some spots, it's not an issue from a feel standpoint but it's visible. The neck has begun to yellow just a bit which is nice.

The only mechanical flaw known to me is the bridge slot for the G string is a bit shallow and the string has slipped inward on the bridge saddle a few times when really playing hard. Oddly enough it didn't go out of tune and nobody else knew it but me. It's an easy fix, If I could find my nut files and were keeping this bass I would probably cut the saddle grooves for all the strings a hair deeper, although the G string is the only string that's ever moved.

There's a subtle "orangish" spot on the underpart of the back of the neck around the 2nd fret or so, possible the bass was leaned up against something hot at one point. This only effects the color and is totally unnoticeable to the touch.

Sounds amazing, all stock as far as I know.
    PRICE DROP-$600 shipped with functional, non-stock HSC(Gator/some xternal cracks/all hinges/buckles ok).
    MORE PICS UPON REQUEST!
    Paypal/Conus only, however I will be doing some gigs in SF and other places around the Bay Area and would be happy to hold the bass and meet for a cash/in person deal. I'd feel good about giving somebody a chance to see and play before buying.
    img1605qx. img1606x.

2. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    pm'ed!

3. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Answered. Thank You!

As far as trades go about the only thing I'd be interested in is a partial trade on an 8-12 channel quality mixer(Mackie, etc).

More pics:
    [​IMG] img1612to.

4. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Some questions answered-

--The bass weighs 9 lbs. or just a a hair under!!

--No, it is NOT one of the "refurbished" Geddy's that are out and about.

--The bass is "Crafted in Japan"
    Here's a pocket shot:
    img1594kw. [​IMG]

5. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    More Pics-
    img1608o. img1609ph.

6. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Thursday PM Bump-

7. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I've got a local "interested party". Going to bring this one to the gig tonight, well see.
    (Fri Bump)

8. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    PRICE DROP-$600!
    This is an older model, has a bit of wear but it's light and growls like crazy.

9. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
  10. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
  11. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Final bump.
    Probably not a better Jazz bass out there for $600 shipped to your door.

12. pm your way

13. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    PMs replied.

I've described this bass as having a fair amount of wear because quite honestly most of us expect a GL to be fairly fresh and new. If this was a regular 98-99 Jazz bass I would consider it to be in good/very good condition. Once again, I'm not sure of the year, but I do believe this bass was build sometime in the first year or two of production, that's what I've been told and haven't seen or heard anything to indicate otherwise.

Like all my basses, she gets along quite well with others(especially if they're 70's inspired!)
    [​IMG]

14. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Still available.

Possible trades-MIJ/CIJ Precision-Small/med sized decent quality mixer(Mackie, etc).

15. marklaforest

marklaforest

Feb 5, 2010
    Ottawa
    Wow, bump for a great price and a good looking bass!

16. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Thanks!

17. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Still Available!

18. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Bump

19. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Still available..don't hesitate to hit me up with offers..also, trades for a small mixer or Mackie, JBL, QSC powered speaker(s) might work..cash could go either direction.

20. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    SUNDAY BUMP.

Some cool offers.

Probably going-up on Ebay this week.