1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fender Highway 1 Jazz bass MIA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mellowgerman, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Not being able find a winter job while the diner I normally work at is closed, I'm going to have to part with my jazz to come up with rent money. I hate this. But that's life, I suppose.
    Looking to get $550 + approximate shipping for the bass with the case or $520 + approximate shipping for only the bass. PAYPAL preferred. Not really looking for trades because I need the money, but I'm always willing to hear out offers.
    About the bass: this is one of the first generation Highway 1 series, prior to the badass bridge. Just a phenomenal, no frills jazz bass. CTS pots (V-V-T), great sounding American Fender stock pickups, and all sorts of gnarly cosmetic mojo. Absolutely no structural or functional issues. Only real cosmetic wear and tear from many many hours/days/weeks/months/years of playtime. I removed the pickguard and knobs as I think the straight forward, simple look is totally gorgeous. I gave the knobs to a friend for one of his projects but I still have the white pickguard and will include it in the sale. Also, ships with your choice of flatwounds or rounds.
    Below are the best pictures I could get with my cell phone camera.
    0108121650a.

2. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Feel free to make reasonale offers

3. MycooLeeyun

MycooLeeyun Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I feel you on the no pickguard look, but no knobs? Free bump and good luck with your financial situation

4. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks. But yeah, if I had foreseen having to part with it, I would have held on to the knobs. I suppose if it was really really important to someone for it to have knobs when they receive it, I could pick some up at the local music shop before shipping it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.