1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender HWY 1 and parts P

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Not sure I want to do this cause I swore my HWY 1 Jazz would go to the grave with me. I don't want to move this one, but I'm in need of some cash for my bands upcoming studio project.

This is not the new upgraded HWY One....this is a 2003 original HWY 1. I've had it since 2003 (first and only owner). 3TS with a Fender 62RI Tort guard on it. I still have the original white one too. I've installed Seymour Duncan 1/4 lbs pups and a badass II bridge. I just had the controls completely redone by Joe at Corner Music here in Nashville. For those that may not be familiar, next to Brian Barrett and the LowEnd, they are the best guitar/bass shop in town. He installed all new pots, new cap, re-soildered evertyhing back to better than original. He did a complete setup and cut a brand new bone nut. All in all, about $150 in work. Well worth it cause the thing plays amazing and sounds incredible. As you may know, the finish on the Hwy 1 is a satin finish designed to age quickly and take the imperfections to look "vintage". This one is well on its way to that. Plenty of dings and finish wearing off of it. No, I have not "reliced" this one. Every ding and paint chip is legit. It looks amazing. It has an incredibley comfy neck. Frets are in great shape and the neck has no dings or anything in it. I love this bass, but I need cash. I know I'll kick myself if I let it go, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do....
    $550 + shipping(still not 100% sure I want to sell, so I reserve the right to change my mind)...

Next up is a parts P bass. Body off an old Am. Standard...neck is off an old 80s squire. Frets were professionally leveled before I got it. Most amazing neck I've ever played on. Low action with no buzz. Has a Duncan 1/4 lbs pup in it. It roars and sounds amazing. Snot white (aka vintage white)...the body has been reliced..(I get asked what year my P is everytime I play it out). Gold anodized p-guard. Rosewood board. $500 + shipping(still not 100% sure I want to sell, so I reserve the right to change my mind)...

These are the only pics of the basses I have currently and they're all live pics...can do close ups if interest...

z2.
    z1.
    z-1.
    z4.
    z5.
    z6.

2. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    I mean why??????? You can't let loose of the jazz!!!!!!???!!

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I love my '03 Hwy. 1 jazz!! Love the feel of the necks once they are broken in! Don't do it bro, you'll regret it!

4. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    ya, I know...I really don't want to, but the studio is really really expensive...Plus, I've now got my DJ5 that's a passive J to cover the J stuff for now...and will probably pick up a cheapy SX J if need be for the time...

5. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I know I'll kick myself for this...I love the neck, the tone..there is nothing I don't love about this bass...but I'm not letting loose of either of my Laklands and I could really use the cash from these two for the studio..

6. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    I'm interested, but it's hard to go any further without some better, up-close pics. If possible, post 'em!

7. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    which one you interested in? either one in particular?

8. friskinator

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    Both, if it isn't too much trouble! I am in the market for an affordable sunburst J with tort guard, but the relic'd P is calling my name as well...

9. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    HPIM0554.
    HPIM0549.
    HPIM0551.

does not still have the d-tuner on it
    HPIM0552.
    HPIM0555.

I'll get some pics of the Jazz bass up tonight...

10. friskinator

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    Sweet, thanks! I'll be looking for the J pics.

11. zola07

zola07

Oct 19, 2007
    brisbane australia
    nice j if you are willing to ship to australia at my exp let me know.
    Have had gear shipped before with no problems.

12. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    HPIM0695.
    HPIM0696.
    HPIM0698.
    HPIM0699.
    HPIM0700.
    HPIM0703.
    HPIM0705.
    HPIM0706.

13. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    let me think about it for a bit....

14. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    that's so funny how the finish wears off at the strap button where the cable goes through, mine has done the exact same thing.

15. zola07

zola07

Oct 19, 2007
    brisbane australia
    thats cool mate love the look of it, if it makes you feel better i will give a nice new home. either way i hope you get the money for the studio work. :bassist:

16. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    get on up to the top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.