SOLD FS: Fender JAZZ BASS 60's Classic + Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by -=DanAtkinson=-, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for grabs is this flawless Fender 60's Classic Jazz Bass in wonderful condition, with gig bag. Made in 2002. Barely used. Upgrades include: Fender Custom Shop 60's pickups, Gotoh bridge, and brand new Fender 7250M strings!

This model is the top of the Made in Mexico line. As good as any USA model, especially with the upgrades. This bass just screams vintage vibe. The neck is made to original 60's specs, and the vintage white finish + tortoise pickguard is pure classic.

Price is $530 shipped by FedEx. Sorry, no trades.

Here is my eBay feedback:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dan-the-powerseller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Bump for a sweet bass. I have a Custom Shop loaded Classic 60's and I sold my Hamer Cruise because I thought the Fender sounded better. Dan, what does the Gotoh bridge add tonally vs. the stock spiral saddle bridge?

3. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    going...........going..........

4. I'm personally not fond of the stock bridge, because the saddles can "shift" side-to-side. The Gotoh has slots for the saddle support screws to "lock" them in place.

That's the main benefit to me. I have never detected any difference in sound from heavy bridges, so I won't lie and say that it changes the tone. I personally believe that's all marketing myth.

5. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger. Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    That sounds like the same issue I had with my Classic Series 70s jazz. It would create a really annoying knocking sound whenever I played by the bridge. Since I was playing unplugged a lot in my dorm with it, it was beginning to drive me insane.

This bass is beautiful! I am absolutely enamored with that color combination. If the neck was rosewood with block inlays, mmm, I would have gotten the 60s in a heartbeat.

Good luck on the sale! Those are some sweet pictures. :bassist:

6. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

7. SOLD

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.