1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe (Manhattan, NY can meet saturday)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kaputsport, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Up for sale is my Fender Jazz bass deluxe. It is the standard Black with Red Tort guard. 4 String, and no mods.

I am including a high mass bridge with the sale, and it comes in a gig bag. The bass is nice, sounds thick and great, but it is not my thing. No real marks to speak of. The Active Eq is wonderful and really allows you to make almost any sound you want out of it. This is also easy to mod into a passive jazz, and with all the other mods out there could be a very versatile bass. Made in Mexico, but a really nice MIM. Quality control was high with this one. Weighs in around 8, give or take. Tuners are smooth, electronics are quiet and is super easy to modify.

I will be in Manhattan on Saturday, and can meet to deliver this, but will be at a slew of music stores. Below is a list of trades I am accepting, some with cash, some with out.

Trades:
    -Bass Whammy (Straight trade)
    -Woolly Mammoth (Plus $100)
    -Akai Deep Impact (Straight trade... Long shot)
    -Human Gear Animato (Plus $100)
    -Akai Unibass (Plus $150)
    -Eventide Mod/Pitch/Timefactor (Plus $100, prefer the pitch/mod)
    -ANYTHING Marshall DBS (7400 head, cabs, etc)
    -Other basses (Tobias 4, Modulus 4, etc)

I would like to get $400 for this with bag and bridge. I know that some of the items listed are more expensive in terms of the market, but if you have a whammy, and don't like it, but want a Jazz bass, we can make it happen. If you want to buy with cash, great! If you want to buy this/trade for this and need it shipped, we can work that out too. Looking to take it to Manhattan this saturday, and will trade it in, sell it, or just give it a nice long ride if nothing gets worked out.

I have a few pics which I will attach. Please send any questions over to me ASAP, especially if we are going to meet up on Saturday. Shipping quotes can be had, but will take a little time. I will not charge a blind number, and take a hit on shipping, but will get an actual shipping quote.

IMG_1235.

IMG_1236.

IMG_1238.

IMG_1239.

IMG_1240.

Last picture kinda shows a few marks in the back of the body. They have been touched up previously. Not seen when playing.

Thanks for looking.

2. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Accepting offers. Really, I just want this bass anymore. I might entertain other 4 string basses... Maybe a grabber?

3. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    To the top.

Make offers, or this will go on eBay real soon.

4. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Last chance to make a sweet deal on this. I am up for partial trades, other basses, cash, whatever.

Seriously, make an offer, before it gets traded at GC...

5. PMd you on Friday....

6. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Bass has been traded to Guitar Center in Manhattan on 14th street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.