1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Jazz "Factory Special Run" limited edition LPB, matching headstock w/ HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thedude77md, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought this puppy off another TB'er back in February.

See here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402007

This is a GREAT Jazz Bass. Matching headstock, block inlays, original case. Case is in great shape apart from a little wear on the handle. It was made in 99 per the TB'er I bought her from. *correction, I just removed the neck and it's dated 8/2003*

As you can see in the thread from which I purchased it, I paid $1400 shipped. I've put a few dings on it since (all are on the "butt" of the body), none bigger than a pin head, but they are blemishes nonetheless. As such, I am asking $1225 shipped CONUS, PayPal only.

All case candy is included- the crappy cable Fender includes, the strap, bridge and pickup covers, and the thumb rest.

This bass plays sweet but I am in bad financial shape and have to unload it.

My camera skills SUCK but I have taken a bunch of pics. The bass is in very good shape apart from the couple dings which appear much worse in the pictures. None are visible from the front.

Untitled.

2. Bump! Please note this is an ASKING price so send me any offers. The pics do NOT do justice to this puppy!

I might even be willing to do a partial trade (bass/effect and/or cash on your end). Basses I'd consider- Ibanez ATK, a nice MIJ or MIM P (if it's MIM it better be special!), an MTD KZ4, a Malekko B:Assmaster fuzz unit

3. I'm digging it bump.

4. I just added a revised pic.

FYI on trades- I don't like maple fretboards. They inexplicably bug me and won't trade for a bass with one.

5. Is that a MIA?

6. Yup. US made.

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    weight? three or four bolt neck?

8. Period correct 3 bolt plate and the bullet truss rod adjustment. Weight is just over 9 lbs.

9. Here is a pic of the neck plate since I've had a few inquiries about it

jbassneckplate.

10. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    PM sent

11. tehuberc

tehuberc

Mar 1, 2007
    Is this still available?

12. Yes, still available though getting a lot of interest.

13. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Dude, PM'ed ya!!!!

14. Still here- keep those offers comin'!

15. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    This bass is definitely legit. Brad can also address this. The documentation is in the case. This is a very collectible and beautiful bass in every respect, from looks and most important playability.

Maybe the moderators can jump in on this one and prevent any further attempts at de-railing this thread for a 100% legit beautiful bass.

Here is Brad's (bdgotoh) original description: "Second is a super cool limited edition Fender USA 70's Jazz reissue in Lake Placid Blue. They didn't make very many of these, this is the nicest Fender Jazz I've ever played. Brand new condition, I couldn't find a mark on it anywhere. Has the matching headstock, pearloid blocks, white fingerboard binding, skunk stripe neck, all case candy and covers. I bought this new and it's gotten very little playing time. Weight is fairly light at just over 9 lbs. Comes in the OHSC that has a small tear on the leather handle."

16. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Bob's right, this bass is 100% legit and all original. Fender made a limited number of these in Candy Apple Red, Lake Placid Blue, and Olympic White. The build quality is spectacular - this is the best built Fender I've ever owned, including original 60's and 70's basses. I only sold it because I've stopped playing Jazzes, otherwise I'd still have it. I bought it brand new so I guarantee that it's legit.

Good luck with the sale, someone will be getting a fantastic bass!

17. Fretless Bill

Fretless Bill Supporting member

Sep 10, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Fender built aprox 600 of these basses. In addition to the fore mentioned colors they made a few in sonic blue (so I'm told). They made around 200 in LPB. I have one in LPB and it is a wonderfull bass and also as earlier mentioned, the pics don't do the color and finish justice.

18. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Dude, PM'ed you a few more offers!

19. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Absolutely true, I got to play one a few years back at BassNW. I can't remember if it was Sonic Blue or Daphne Blue but it looked great.

20. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    PM'ed again Dude!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.