1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Fender Kingman AEB w/gigbag, MINT!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dmonroe, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I bought this Fender Kingman awhile back for a project that never came up. I love the way it plays I just don’t have any real use for it. It only has about an hours playing time on it. No scratches, dings, dents, looks exactly like it did the day I walked out of George’s Music with it. I’ll ship with either the original bronze strings or the Fender flats I put on it last month, buyers choice. I’m selling with a new Deluxe Fender padded gigbag that still has the tags on it. The bag was used just long enough to transport the bass from my old house to my new house. Since then the bass has just been hanging on my wall and the case in the closet. It needs to go to a good home where it’ll be enjoyed and also to help fund my ever increasing GAS attacks.
    [DEL]$450[/DEL] $400 for Kingman and gigbag shipped to lower 48. Paypal is fine.

I'm reserving the right to pull this ad if I change my mind about getting rid of it.

Attached Files:

2. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    More pics:

Attached Files:

3. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Headstock front and back:

Attached Files:

4. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Gigbag:

Attached Files:

5. betardfoosier

betardfoosier

Feb 13, 2011
    Lefty admirer, these are such cool basses. Free bump!

6. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    TTT

7. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    Bump for an AWESOME Tb'er and great guy...
    Buy this mans bass....I know I bought a bass from him and he is a standup kinda guy!!

8. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Not even any lowball offers yet??? That's unusual.

9. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    TGIF

10. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Price Drop to $425

11. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Tough crowd.

12. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Bump for a new week.

13. Is it as loud as an acoustic guitar?

14. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    If you mean as in can you play live with a couple of people that are playing acoustic guitars and be heard as clearly as they are the answer is no. That has nothing to do with this bass in particular its just the nature of AEB's in general because of the frequencies involved.

You can be heard with the right strings and you may have to play a little harder than you normally would but I would recommend a small combo to play through if you're playing live somewhere. If you're just asking for the purpose of sitting around with a couple of people jamming among yourselves you're good to go.

15. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Got a PM asking for info on the depth of the body so I figured I'd post it in the thread in case anyone was wondering. At neck strap button front to back measurement is 4" and at bridge strap button the measurement is 5".

16. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    TTT

17. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    One final price drop to $400. I may need money but I don't need it bad enough to drop the price any lower. Trying to give someone here at TB a really good deal but I can sell it locally and come out better. The price will NOT be dropped further so if anyone's interested let me know.

18. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    TTT

19. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Bump

20. dmonroe

dmonroe