1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Kubicki Jazz Plus Fretless OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    $$$$ PRICE DROP TO $750 OR BEST OFFER $$$$

For sale is a super clean fretless Fender Jazz Bass Plus featuring Lace Sensor pickups and Kubicki electronics, in original hard shell case with some original paperwork thrown in to ensure this preserves its value to collectors. These wer made in the USA and this bass is a 1990 based on the sereal number beginning N0.

These basses are amazing and true gems in the late 80’s/early 90’s Fender vintage. The bass featured premium body woods (ash or adler) and a super thin neck profile.

This one is sleek in all black with Rosewood board. Factory lined fretless with amazing fret lines that are light at the edge of the board but fade as the go into the neck. High mass bridge with low profile-- same one used in Heartfields-- great bridge. Overall very striking in appearance with great balance and not too heavy.

The neck profile is super thin. Makes the Geddy Lee neck profile feel clunky. Very fast with a nice satin feel and 22 “frets” which is unusual for Jazz basses but something Fender was doing for a while in the late 80’s and early 90’s on their USA J’s. This bass should NOT be confused with the “Boner” Jazz basses as these have a traditional body shape and size whereas the Boners were oversized bodies. The only think in common is the year of manufacture and the 22 fret necks.

The Kubicki electronics are really where this bass is just in a league of its own. This has the Fender-ized 9-volt Kubicki electronics with 4 modes—active flat, active with presetable mids, passive and standby. Regarding the second active setting, the mids are adjusted by a trim pot on the circuit board which you can see in one of the pics. You can read about Kubicki basses and these electronics here: http://www.fender.com/support/manuals/pdfs/instr_owners/Kubicki_Basses_1990.pdf

This bass is basically in mint condition and the case is in great shape too. Only "issue" is 2 of the 4 screws for the electronics cavity plate are missing. Easy fix. Not much else to say there. The pics speak for themselves.

I am asking $750 OBO for this bass shipped in the CONUS. If you are outside the CONUS please contact me to see if a deal can be done and on what terms.

Pics are below but if you still have any questions send me a PM and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks for looking.

RBM

DSC_0001.
    DSC_0002.
    DSC_0003.
    DSC_0004.
    DSC_0005.
    DSC_0006.
    DSC_0007.
    DSC_0008.
    Picture001.
    Picture002.
    Picture003.
    Picture004.
    Picture005.
    Picture006.
    Picture007.
    Picture008.
    Picture009.
    Picture010.
    Picture011.
    Picture056.

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump

3. jeffwo

jeffwo

Feb 16, 2010
    Leesburg, Virginia
    GREAT bass! I have a blue burst Jazz Plus that I had converted to fretless - rosewood fingerboard with maple fret markers. Absolutely phenomenal fretless - someone should take this ASAP!

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for offers

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't think that the 1990 Jazz Bass Plus were made out of Ask nor Alder... It's Basswood, IIRC. I have a 1994 fretted version of that same bass and that is what the body is made out of on mine.

... Not bad condition for a 20 year old instrument.

8. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Interesting. Seems a little heavy for basswood but I could be wrong. It was hard finding info on this basses wood believe it or not but now I am going to dig deeper because I don't like being wrong about these matters!

And yes, she is in amazing condition!

RBM

9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Natural finished ones were Alder, but I still think that mine (which is 4 years younger) has a basswood body, yours might actually be Alder as well.

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for best offers- cash, trade or combo?

11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price drop to $800!!!

12. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP for trades or offers. Thanks.

13. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    PM sent

14. metalbob

metalbob Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    to bad it is not a 5 string dam great basses

15. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    How about a bump for offers on an amazing MIA active Fender fretless jazz with kubicki electronics?!?!??

16. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price dropped again, now to $750 or best. This is a time capsule piece with original hard case and paperwork. C'mon-- someone wants this!

17. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    Are the tuners original?..... Those look like the AS tuners.... the Plus models had the thick tuners.

And I actually like these tuners better than the thick ones.

18. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    They are original.

19. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    The how could this amazing and rare MIA vintage Fender still be available bump. Seriously folks. Cash? Trade? Combination cash and trade? I will even trade up if you have something I want. Thanks.

20. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    To the top for a rare and super clean fretless MIA beauty. Best offers are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.