1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: FENDER MARCUS MILLER 4 JAZZ BASS CIJ MIJ NATURAL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by retrosynth, Mar 6, 2013.

1. retrosynth

retrosynth Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    This is an excellent "Crafted in Japan" Marcus Miller 4 in natural swamp ash finish. This bass is no longer made in Japan--production has moved to Mexico. I have several Japanese Fender basses, and I think that their quality rivals if not exceeds that of the American made Fender basses. If you check around the internet, you will find that many players think that this is a noisy bass--and it is, unless you fully shield the pickup cavities, for starters. For some reason, the Fenders made in the Japanese factory do not get pickup shielding paint. This, however, is the cleanest, quietest (noise wise, anyway) Marcus you will find. The pickup cavities are fully shield with copper tape, and the pickups have been changed to Dimarzio Area J's (the best sounding noiseless jazz pickups out there, IMO). The annoying loud pop that many of these basses make when switching from passive to active is totally nonexistent. All the pots have been switched to Canadian-made PEC mil-spec units of the same value (these sell for $25 each). This is because on the Marcus, the tone controls make fine static noises if the shaft is not 100% grounded at all times during rotation. In terms of condition, this bass looks and plays great. No fretwear. Frets and hardware are birght and shiny. There are a couple of small headstock dings, and a small ding on the back which I have photographed. It has fresh strings, a perfect setup, low action with no buzzing and sounds AWESOME. It ships in a Fender gig bag. The chrome neck pickup cover is not in the pictures but is included. Why am I selling this? Well, it is because I have 2 identical Marcus Miller 4's and don't need both. $800 shipped in CONUS. PM your email and I will send a Paypal invoice. Check out my stellar TB feedback!

2. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
  3. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Weight?
    :)

4. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    About 9.5 pounds of AWESOME! Seriously, though, this is an outstanding instrument. If I ever had to go down to one bass, this would be it b

5. retrosynth

Oct 23, 2010
    Maryland
    Sold!