Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Fender MIM Jazz 5 Deluxe

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mikeyvr6, Aug 7, 2003.

1. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    The ease and familiarity of a 4 string has called me home once again, so it's time to sell my MIM Jazz 5 Deluxe. Serial # dates it to 1998. I've owned it for about a year. Very versatile due to active on-board 3-band EQ. I'd give it a 8.5-9 out of 10 condition wise. A few scratches on the bottom rear edge from the PO, but no other major dings or scrapes. All original hardware--it will sell with the original chrome strap buttons, not the strap locks pictured. The Bass knob is missing the set screw and there is a very small chip from the edge of the fingerboard under the D string--does not affect playability!

[​IMG]

I have an appointment to have it set up and restrung with DR Nickel Medium Low-Riders by a tech on 8/11 and will be available around 8/13. No case is included, but I will ship it in the original Fender packaging my new Geddy Lee Jazz is coming in. I'm looking to get $350 + shipping for it, which should be around $30. I'm located about an hour north of Milwaukee, WI so you can save on shipping if you come pick it up. For ease of mind, check my ebay feeback under mikeyvr6 here: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mikeyvr6

Email me for more info. You can see more hi-res pictures here: http://home.wi.rr.com/mikeyvr6

Thanks,
    Mike

2. mikeyvr6

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    :bassist: up!

3. mikeyvr6

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    Going up on ebay this coming Monday---get it now!

:bassist:

4. mikeyvr6

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    How about $350 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 INCLUDING a new Fender tweed gig bag? The tech FINALLY got to it today so I should have it back by mid-week. I can do Paypal or MO, your choice. Email with any questions!

Thanks,
    Mike

5. OMG OMG OMG! THIS IS THE EXACT FENDER JAZZ 5 I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED! DAMNIT! I have no money! Life is so cruel :bawl: :bawl: ! Someone get this, how can you pass such a good deal up?!?! Do it for me someone!

6. Milo Desmond

Milo Desmond Guest

Oct 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City
    Done and done. I will think of you whilst I play this bad boy.

7. Your a good person. Don't forget to get me soundclips :) ~ Tyler

8. mikeyvr6

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    She's on her way---thanks for snappin' her up Milo. Enjoy!

--Mike:D