1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Fender Moses P/J - $755 + Shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jharms80439, Jan 9, 2012.

1. jharms80439

jharms80439 Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Price is $600 + shipping.

For sale is a Fender Moses P/J - Vintage cream with a 3 layer white/black/white pick guard (bass also ships with a new black pick guard too if you want to change the look) and a brass nut.

Neck is by Moses, Precision width, no inlay on top and carbon fiber. Also notice that the neck has been installed properly with the brass nut inserts.

Body has some dings, but nothing major - worst is in the picture that shows the bridge, jack and controls - again, nothing major.

Bridge is a heavyweight Gotoh chrome plated brass vintage style, tuners are lightweight open back and it has a Fender neck plate.

Pots are 500K Ohm, but not sure of the cap value. Fantastic tone with flats and awesome tone with roundwound strings.

Strung with LaBella 760FL strings and a fresh pack goes with the bass.

Bass comes with a medium weight gig bag and I can purchase a hard case locally if you would prefer - just pay the actual case price.

PM's are best. Please no trades - just standardizing on 5/6 string basses and uprights. Will continue to add additional pics...

Attached Files:

2. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    More pics...

Attached Files:

3. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    More pics....

Attached Files:

4. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    More pics.....

Attached Files:

5. That's a nice looking bass. Can you explain any more about the body ? What model did it come from ? What wood is it ? Also what's up with the pickups ? Active/Passive ? What do the knobs do ?

6. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Body is a Fender P/J standard most likely in Alder. Controls are Volume Volume Tone, just like a Jazz bass. Pickups are Fender standards - this is a passive Fender P/J bass.

7. I need to bump this thread in the hope that someone buys this soon, because if it sticks around much longer I may do something that will get me into trouble with the wife.

8. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Going into the weekend bump - Price is now $600 +shipping!