1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Fender P Bass (Mexican) - New pickups, bridge, pickguard, strings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jonnychicago, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    Ok, I can't make up my mind about ANYTHING, so this is going back up here:

I have a Fender Precision (mexican made) bass with the following upgrades:

* Reverend 8.7k Precision Pickups
    * Fender Black Pickguard
    * Gotoh 201 High Mass Bridge
    * Brand New Labella Deep Talkin Flatwound Strings
    (seriously. I bought them on Friday)
    * Fresh Set-Up!

This bass has been professionally inspected and the tech said that it was one of the best quality mexican made basses he has ever seen. The neck is smooth as silk, it sounds absolutely amazing, and it is a rare beauty.

The pickups are full and round sounding with deep lows and "piano-like" highs.

A few dings here and there, but no missing paint or finish!

Comes with a hardshell case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking for $380 + shipping, or local pickup in/near Chicago.

2. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    One other note -

When it was at the guitar tech, he filed and re-crowned a couple of frets in the higher registers. So it's been thoroughly looked at and is all set!

I estimate that shipping will be about $32, so feel free to make an offer!

3. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    Great deal. I would snag this up if I didn't just get me a P.

4. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    Thanks! I like this bass. Knowing me, I'll regret this in about a month, but this...what do you call it....gas? :) ... well, you know how it is.

5. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    :)

6. Man....that's a slick lookin' bass!

Shippin' shouldn't cost you $70 though. I shipped a Epiphone dot (es-335) with hardshell case through USPS and it was only $32 to ship it. Would have only been $27 but there was a $5 oversize charge. It weighed 23 lbs.

Steve

7. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    Thanks! I stand corrected! I didn't know you could ship things that big through USPS. Last time, I went through a UPS store and paid $90 with box/packing/shipping. That was not a happy day :/

BTW, where'd you find the box?

8. Yea, UPS Stores charge more I guess. I like to go to the UPS hub station, usually cheaper than USPS. But yea, I would say $35 should cover shipping through USPS.

I save all my boxes that other basses came in. You might wanna check your local music store.

Steve

9. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I have shipped alot over the years and only once was it over $32 and that even includes a couple to Canada.

Get yourself a box from GC, some packing peanuts/crumpled news paper, styrofoam, what ever you can and ship it yourself it will sell alot faster if you do. Most are going to see that $70 and turn the other way..

Sexy bass and nice pics what kind of camera?

10. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    Thanks!

I went ahead and modified the shipping in the 2nd post - making sure to give you guys credit!

I took the pics with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel - which I also have up in the General Classifieds (half-hoping to trade that for pieces of a bass rig, but I do love it).

11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    not to rain on the shippin parade but
    USPS - offers no tracking, is iffy on insurance claims and shipping rates rose in the last month. It cost me just under 50 to ship via Fed-ex Ground Washington State to AL a couple of weeks ago - and that was a 'normal' not oversized box ...

oh yeah, bump for a nice looking bass

12. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    Also good advice.

How about this - I'm looking for a trade for a Peavey T-40, otherwise PM me if interested, with your city/zip and I'll give a couple of shipping quotes.

Thanks for the compliments!

STILL AVAILABLE!

13. What color is that? It looks like a wine red or is it translucent?

For boxes, I've had good luck going to a local bike shop and asking for a bike box.

14. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    It is midnight wine with a black pickguard. Thanks for asking!

15. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    With USPS, you have to make sure that the box is not oversized. I just shipped a bass and the shipping was $23.00. But, since the box was 9 inches too big, they charged me a $40.00 "oversized parcel" fee.

I was so pissed.

16. The box I shipped my guitar in was oversized as well. It weighed 23lbs. But was 45" long. Mine was originally gonna be like $27, but ended up bein' around $33.

That's why I like the UPS hub station. That guitar would have been less than $20 shipped. But buyer had a PO Box.

Steve

17. the ups store add a 100% mark up over standard ups pricing.

take to the ups office

18. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    ...makes sense.

STILL AVAILABLE!

19. I so want this bass. I have been gassing for precision, but i am wicked broke.

20. SLAPMAN

SLAPMAN Banned

Jan 26, 2005
    New London,CT
    I have shipped literally 100's of packages over the past 10 year from little things to basses/guitars,to speaker cabinets and huge amplifiers.

I have used Fed Ex,UPS,DHL and USPS and the prices vary greatly.

What a lot of people don't realize is that there is the weight of the package and then what is called"dimensional weight"which actual bumps up the overall weight of the package.

Plus distance plays a part in the end cost.

I have shipped basses in those small triangular boxes to New York from CT and that was under $20.

However,I have shipped basses in normal size 50x20x8 boxes across country and it has been as much as $65 via UPS Ground.

So there is no"set"price when it comes to shipping because weight,overall size and distance all affect the shipping charges.

Just my 2 cents after shipping SO many packages over the years and knowing that the cost can and will vary greatly! :)