1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Fender Precision Bass American Deluxe 1999 Black/Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by turunturun, Aug 28, 2012.

1. turunturun

turunturun

Jan 31, 2011
    This is an amazing bass - I can't believe I am parting with it! It features active electronics driven by the standard precision bass pickup as well as a full-size humbucker. The pickups can be blended via a rotary blend knob with center detent. I also had my guitar tech install a mini-toggle switch that serves as an "active-passive" switch. This flips between the standard active electronics in one position, and the other position sends the output of the p-bass pickup directly to the output jack - bypassing the volume, tone, and active circuitry - for that straight-up p-bass vintage sound we all know and love.

The knob functions are:
    1) master volume,
    2) pickup blend,
    3) bass boost/cut (outer ring) + treble boost/cut (inner knob),
    4) mids frequency focus

The bass is in great condition physically, mechanically, and electronically and has been my gigging bass for the past few years.

It has straplocks installed and comes with the strap.

It also comes with a vintage-style very well made case. The build quality is much more substantial than the modern reproduction cases and so I believe this is actually a vintage case circa 1970's but not sure about that.

$880 shipped via paypal CONUS.

01a.

02a.

03a.

2. hjbits

hjbits

Aug 23, 2012
    pm'd

3. turunturun

turunturun

Jan 31, 2011
    PM's replied to, and the bass is jet black by the way....the green hue is coming from the ridiculously green glass of our apartment.

4. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

May 6, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    Is that a 1.5 inch nut?

5. turunturun

turunturun

Jan 31, 2011
    Rainy Monday bump-

6. Creese

Creese

Mar 27, 2005