1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Road Worn Jazz w/ Custom Shop Pickups!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scott McArron, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott McArron

Scott McArron Supporting Member

This is one of my favorite basses. It looks, feels, and sounds amazing. It fits in my hands more comfortably than any bass I've ever played. It's a real gem compared with the other Road Worns out there. Really tight neck pocket and overall real solid feel.

Here's how the previous owner described this bass:

"Fender Road Worn Jazz Bass loaded with early Fender Custom Shop pickups. Tone cap was also replaced with quailty .05 Fender style ceramic cap. HUGE improvement over the stock electronics. Sunburst. No issues. This bass was hand picked by someone inside Fender and is the best Road Worn I've played. Includes Fender gig bag that still has the tags on it. Original pickups also included."

Original thread URL - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628774&highlight=

I've recently installed a Hipshot D-tuner as well. All original parts come with the bass. I'm only selling because I've now got a new American Deluxe 5 with Nordstrand 60's pickups. Both basses sound equally as amazing, but I can't afford to keep both right now so the 5 wins based only on the fact that it has a low B that I need.

Bass with custom shop pickups (and originals), and Hipshot D-tuner (and original tuner), strap-locks, and Fender gig bag. I'm asking $960 shipped to lower 48, cash only, given the extras and how special this one is. Let me kow if you have any questions.

FenderRW.
    FenderRW2.
    FenderRW-1.

2. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie

Nov 3, 2009
    Florida
    My old bass and definitely the best Road Worn you'll find anywhere.

3. I got to play this one at Bass Junkie's house and nearly snagged it but I needed to upgrade my amps first...and as he said it is the best Road Worn you'll find!

4. DERECOLA

DERECOLA

Aug 21, 2006
    PA
    Nice bass...

5. Scott McArron

Thanks for all the compliments and interest guys! Still available!

6. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Pretty cool all right - do you know the weight?

7. Scott McArron

9 lbs even on the bathroom scale.

8. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Are these MIM?

9. toniwonkanobi

toniwonkanobi Supporting Member

May 23, 2008
    Northern California
    Endorsing: 1964 Ears, LLC.
    Yes, but the MIA's are basically MIM anyways (Corona/Mexico, what's the diff...i think it's mostly latino-americans working the fender factory anyways), so don't let that deter you.

PLUS, these MIMs are a huge improvement over what we all think when we see "MIM". Nitro finish, pretty good hardware, and pretty much MIA electronics.

I think these will start to give fender MIMs a good name in the future.

10. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie

Nov 3, 2009
    Florida
    PM sent!

11. Scott McArron

Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.