1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fender Steve Bailey Fretted six (black)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkometer, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Hate to do it, but I need to sell this baby. Im in a funky money situation, and need some cash. This is one of the most comfortable sixers Ive ever played. If you want the fender jazz sound in a six, look no further! Anything from Jamerson to Marcus to Jaco... I have clips, just ask. I know Ill regret selling this bass, but cant afford to keep it right now. Ive had no problems coxing low action out of this bass. It also has good balance, no neck dive. String spacing goes from 18mm-20mm. The only weak leak on this bass is the pre, which can be noisy when the bass isnt grounded. However, when grounded (hands on bass) the bass is dead quiet, and the pre is usable enough. I saw no need to upgrade it. The bass is in near mint condition, the fender case is mint. Feel free to ask any questions, looking for $1800 shipped & insured conus. Check the beautiful wood out on the neck! I also have all the original paperwork, manuel and the unfilled warranty card for this bass.

Attached Files:

2. funkometer

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. funkometer

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    pics

Attached Files:

4. OMG LOOK AT THAT NECK!!!

5. Bassbwithu

Bassbwithu Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    That flame is wicked. Beautiful instrument.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wow, I'm so sorry I can't take this off your hands...very nice.

7. I want this bass so bad it hurts. Somebody please snag this.

8. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High. Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    What a beautiful neck!! ......if she were mine, I'd have someone carve up a matching flame pickguard to match it and ditch the pearloid!

I wish there was a local store that stocked one so I could test drive one. Everyone in South Florida keeps sayin'.....HUH???

9. We do inhabit a rather recondite corner of the world...

10. Flame Maple bump. I played one of these acoustically (no amp) a bunch last summer, it's one hell of a bass.

11. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    Wow, absolutely gorgeous.

12. 77jazzbass

77jazzbass Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Damn - this is too tempting. I'm really in the market for the 50th Anniversary LE Fender Jazz Bass. if I can't get my hands on that, then I may seriously consider this bass!

13. Bump for an awesome bass.

14. GET IT, BUY IT, DO IT!!!!

Hint, hint...

:D

15. t!3°

t!3°

Feb 19, 2007
    no chance to see you in France?

16. funkometer

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Wow, more than 2000 views. Someone needs to take this killer bass off my hands. Ill take a LMII,F1,UL410 S1 4Ohm or BX1500 in trade to help bump the price down...

17. Im sorry, probably 1000 of those are mine cause I look at this bass everyday LOL. Somebody buy this!

18. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I'm probably guilty of many of those as well. I can't stop staring at the flame in that neck and headstock. This is a gorgeous bass at a very fair price.

19. funkometer

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    >

Attached Files:

20. A fellow army bass player has a fretless version of this that he let me play around with recently, and I agree, it has one of the most comfortable necks on a sixer. Nice action and that fender sound. I played it thinking about this one....that I cant buy :bawl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.