1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Fender Studio Bass Combo, $625

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by eduardokill, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I absolutely thought this one was a keeper, but things change. I won't be gigging anymore so there's no sense in me keeping it. Used but not abused, with (what I'm pretty sure are) the original tubes, which sound fantastic! This amp appears to be all original, besides the power cable (updated to a 3-prong), and the rear piece on the head section is missing-no effect on functionality. I have owned this combo for approximately 1 year, and it has spent that time in my smoke-free home. I have never gigged it. The previous owner stated that he had had it in storage for 15-20 years prior to selling it to me. I am willing to sell just the head section if someone is interested in just that, but will only be willing to reduce the price $50, as I'll have to unload the cab somehow. Shipping price not included, and since I have no container large enough for the entire combo, I'll have to have it packaged/shipped UPS. Local pickup in Western Illinois (61282). Pics on the way!

2. BTW 200 watts all-tube, 15 inch driver for those that were unaware.

Attached Files:

3. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    I had a Super Twin head which is basically this amp with a master volume. It was the best sounding amp I've ever played.
    That's a JBL in there isn't it?

4. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    They originally came with an EV in them. Best sounding tube bass amp out there!

5. It has the stock EV driver in it-based on the chrome dust cap that is visible through the grill cloth. And yes, I've a/b'd this with a number of all-tube heads, and it won hands-down in both volume and tone, even against a 320 watter. It is, as the kids would say, the shizznitt!!!

6. billystagger

billystagger

Nov 14, 2008
    philly
    if you remove the amp from the cab and sell it, will it be in any sort of housing?

7. fenderdefender

fenderdefender

Jun 3, 2011
    These are excellent! I have one and the tube driven eq is very versatile. If you crank the "Volume" knob ( which is really more like gain ) you get some nice break-up which you can adjust. The "output" knob is more like Master. These were only made from 1978-80 and are hidden treasures.
    BTW I noticed you are from quad Cities.
    I found mine in Davenport Iowa.
    They sell head cases that fit this chassis at places like Mojotone

8. Billy, it would not be in any sort of housing, but as fenderdefender stated, you can purchase a faithful reproduction from mojotone. I provided this option because many have removed the head for use with external cabs, and it would save a ton on shipping costs.

9. I got just the head in a BASSMAN head cab. It IS a damn beaut!!! Good luck with it.

FWIW- I'd love to have the cab, as an option... Wish I was in your area!

10. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    What does the chassis measure in length?

11. Sorry about the late response, haven't been near my computer for a couple days. Dimensions for the head section are 24.5" wide, 8" high, 12" deep.
    PM's replied to as well.

12. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    Killer amp. Free bump!

13. billystagger

billystagger

Nov 14, 2008
    philly
    Please don't sell this, I'm waiting for pay day:crying:

14. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Hey a local guy :) you still have this?

15. Final bump before I change my mind!!!

16. Have you changed your mind or is this bad boy still on the market?!

17. I kinda have changed my mind but if you're interested it's yours.

18. George the cat

George the cat

Apr 24, 2010
    I've got one of these but mine has black grill cloth with silver piping. I'm always om the look out for another Studio bass or Super twin as they never come up for sale in the UK for anything less than £900. I put mine in the case for a bassman 100 and changed out the back baffle for the studio bass one to give better cooling

19. Thread closed, item is no longer for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.