1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Fender Tony Franklin Fretless P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Xavier Zed, Nov 28, 2010.

1. This is my first time attempting to sell anything on TB. So, be gentle:)

I'm selling my Tony Franklin unlined Fretless. Please, no trade offers, I need another bass like a hole in the head. This bass still has the protective plastic on the pickguard. I am the only owner and I've played this bass in the house maybe 10 times. I suck at this unlined fretless and payed way too much to find that out.

Please, if you are a first time fretless owner get something more entry level. This is a pro level instrument and don't be offended by this statement.

DEETS:
    The Tony Franklin Fretless Precision Bass guitar is built with input from the bassist who has played with the Firm, Whitesnake, David Gilmour, and many others.

It has an alder body and a modern C-shaped maple neck with an unfinished, unfretted ebony fingerboard with side dot position markers. That trademark growl comes from an American Series Precision Bass neck pickup and a Tony Franklin signature Jazz Bass bridge pickup with hex screw lugs and bar ceramic magnets. Other features include vintage tuning machines with a Hipshot Bass Xtender Drop D tuning key on the "E" string to get way down low, and three-way switching for maximum tonal choices.

Comes with cases and all the candy.

TonyFranklinPbass.

TF2.

PRICE: $1350 shipped to lower 48

2. Bump

3. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Nice!
    tampabass was looking for that bass. Check out the WTB ad at:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702149

As a side note, I think no one really looks at WTB ads... I have a post asking for a DJ-Retro... someone posted one here and I missed it. I think they should be merged with this forum.

4. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    Nice bass. And Macribas is right - I don't think people pay attention to the WTB ads.

5. You guys are right I've never looked in the wanted section. Good call.

6. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    where are you located?

7. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    still available?

8. Yes. It is still available.

9. Well, I'm pulling it down. Decided since no nibbles am gonna keep it. Swapped the the fretless neck with a well seasoned MIA Jazz fretted rosewood neck and BINGO! Its Alive... so thanks for the interest but sale is closed. But, stay tuned, I might have a JG Ric 4003 that needs a new home.

10. Are you interested in selling the fretless neck by itself?