1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fernandes Gravity Deluxe 4 in Pewter blue! EMG Pickups!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coldmilk, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    Heellloo!

Here's another bass I need to sell after transitioning to 5 stringers. This was my first "real" bass, and it's always been my #1, especially when comparing other basses. It's an extremely underrated bass! But now that I play 5'ers, I haven't touched this bass in months. I really wish I could keep it, but I could really use the money, and I wouldn't mind selling this off to a fellow TB'er who would be able to give it the attention it deserves that I can no longer give.

Here are the specs:

- Made in Japan
    - Metallic Pewter Blue finish, very durable and hard.
    - Neck-through construction, I believe they are alder wings, but have heard of some being ash. Maple neck, very nice contour that gives me the easiest access to the higher frets than any other bass I've tried.
    - Chrome hardware: Gotoh tuners, Babicz bridge, Schaller strap buttons.
    - Active electronics: EMG J pickups, Fernandes's own FGI pre-amp. Pretty good pre-amp, a lot of bass and treble boost/cut available, without the noise.
    - Currently strung with D'addario Chromes; will switch to roundwounds if buyer requests!
    - Neck is straight, truss-rod works great, but the bass could use a setup as I didn't adjust anything after changing strings to Chromes, so some of the lower frets do have some buzz.
    - Bass weighs around 8.5lbs. Balances perfectly with no neck dive. Truly a comfortable bass to play sitting or standing.

Now here are the not so goods and all disclaimers:

I bought the bass locally on Craigslist. When I got it, it turns out the previous owner drilled additional holes for a different type of bridge that didn't follow the standard 5 hole position, and were actually off-alignment with the fretboard. I replaced the bridge with a Babicz, along with all the hardware, which were originally black, to chrome, which really gave the bass a better look IMO! The replacing of the bridge allowed me to have it back with alignment of the fretboard, but there were two small holes exposed on the left side of the bridge. I'm not quite sure what I should've done with the empty holes, so I just took two small screws and dropped them in to cover it up. They are both removable with ease if you ever want to fill it up. It may be a deal breaker for some, but looks better than two empty holes!

I also put on inlay decals on it. It was my first time doing it, and you can tell from the pics I screwed up :crying:. If you want me to remove it, I would be fine doing that as well. The dots under the stickers are mother of pearl dots.

There are also cosmetic damages on the finish on the back of the body near the belly contour; none of them pierce through the durable finish and into the wood though. They should be all photographed in the pictures below.

I'm asking $385 shipped in a gig bag. Please PM me with any questions you may have!

Pictures are here: http://imageshack.us/g/59/imag0545bw.jpg/

There are 25 shots in total, if there are any other shots at any other angle you would like to see, do let me know!

Thank you for looking!

2. moe.moe

moe.moe Endorsed by Mercy & Grace ™

Jun 22, 2008
    Coldmilk is a great guy to deal with !

Saturday morning bump!!!!!

:^)

3. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    Bump!