1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fernandes P Bass Silver Made in Taiwan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    For sale is my Fernandes P bass made in Taiwan. Silver finish and in amazing condition. Only visible "blem" is a pencil dot sized ding on the lower part of the body to the left of the bridge as pictured below.

Fernandes' Fender-style basses, whether made in Japan or Taiwan, are exceptional. In fact my MIJ Fernandes J style is among my favorite basses and by far the best J style I own, and I own a few. And as far as P's go this one plays better than any MIM P I've played.

This particular P bass is pretty true to the look, feel and dimensions of a P bass, with slight variation of course. But in your hands this feels like a P bass for sure.

In my experience I have enjoyed Fernandes P's and J's more than Fenders. It may be more a metter of personal preference, but I believe the Japanese and Taiwanese built quality is better and the instruments overall have a better feel. But see for yourself...

And a little bit of trivia-- Keanue Reeves played one of the Fernandes P's in his band Dogstar. Now you HAVE TO have one right?! :smug:

Anyway, I am asking a low $225 for this, shipped CONUS, no gig bag. This is well under the price of a second hand MIM P bass and I think for this price you will be elated.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Pics below.

Thanks.

RBM

Picture001.gif
    Picture002.gif
    Picture003.gif
    Picture004.gif

Picture007.gif

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Top for an awesome P with MIA quality on a budget. Make offers!

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for a Fender killer in a sweet color. This thing is built like a tank. You will not be disappointed. Trust me.

Offers?

4. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    somebody buy this before it doubles in price like all the danos and peaveys

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Seriousky folks, this is a high quality bass regardless of price.

6. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    can't we get some nyc love for fernandes

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Top for a Fender killer at a low price.

8. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I was recently PM'ed about nut width and measure it at 1 5/8" if that is helpful information to anyone. The bass is full 34" scale. I would love to get this one sold so how about a price drop to $215 shipped CONUS???

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Any interest in this Fender Killer? Who has an MIM Telecaster they want to trade? Or maybe a GK Backline amp at least 100 watts?

10. I can vouch for the quality of Fernandes instruments...this is a STEAL at this price! I will take it myself if I can complete a pending sale before it's gone.

(Seriously Roger, I will be contacting you if I make my sale in time)

11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hey man, sounds good. In the meantime, thanks for the endorsement. It's good to know there are other Ferd players up here on tb!

12. jdthebassman

jdthebassman play to live live to play Supporting Member

I have a ? I own a fernandes jazz in artic white made in 1997.It has the name fernandes on the back plate.does any one know if it was made in japan or somewhere else? it has no indication where it was made but has the same sound and vibe as my 77 fender jazz,awesome bass.

13. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I believe the MIJs did have the company name on the neckplate but best way to tell origin is to look at the pots. If they are made in japan so is the bass.

14. Any idea what it weighs? Thanks.

15. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sale pending.

16. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Well maybe not. My buyer who said I would have funds by Monday morning is AWOL so I suppose this is still available until it's not.

As to weight, on the heavy side of a P bass, 10.5 lbs is my guess.

Thanks.

RBM

17. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    As expected, sale officially fell through. Back on the block for sure. Thanks for looking.

18. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    if you put a black pickguard on that it would be the coolest bass in the world

19. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump. Would consider a package trade or sale with my other basses on the FS forum as well.

20. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.