Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Five black cloverleaf Hipshot Ultralites...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by allan grossman, May 9, 2003.

1. What we got for sale here is five black Hipshot Ultralite tuners with cloverleaf (Fender) heads. Hipshot catalog number is 20670B.

They're in "damn near new" condition - the tuners aren't even broken in yet. Flat black finish.

These tuners are a drop-in replacement for Gotoh GB7 tuners but they won't fit Fenders. I'll say it again -

These tuners won't fit Fenders.

There. Don't say I didn't warn you.

They have a 3/8" tuning post and require a 9/16" hole. Fenders have a 1/2" post and need an 11/16" hole, so once again, they won't fit Fenders.

Anyway, the only down side is I don't have the mounting screws. You can use the ones you have already or go down to the hardware store and buy five of them for less than a buck. Tuners are set up now for a 3+2 headstock but the tuning keys are reversible so you can set them up any way you want.

Terms: Retail is $132.50, my price is $90 shipped to anywhere in the US. Other countries, PM me and we'll talk. Payment needs to clear before I'll ship - that means non-postal money orders get held 5 days just like personal checks. PayPal is cool.

Anyway, PM me if yer interested.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I could use them on my Roscoe Beck 5. Ninety bucks, huh?

3. Yup.®

If your Roscoe Beck has small tuning posts you could, I guess. I've never seen one up close but if the thing has 9/16" holes in the headstock they should work :)

I like the Hipshots just fine, but when I got this NYC Elite I wanted the original Gotoh/Fodera tuners instead of the Hipshots.

4. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

As far as I know, the Roscoe Beck comes with Hipshots and is drilled for a 1/2" post.

5. Here are some pitchers -

I took them out of the bass already - they're in great shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    FYI - Hipshot sells adapter sleeves that fit into the holes on Fender headstocks (and other headstocks with 11/16" holes) that will enable you to use the ultralites in the larger holes. Call Hipshot and they will fix you up.

7. Basssy

Basssy

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Still available?

8. Ahum...... still have 'm???

Thanks, Werner.