1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: flame Conklin GT-7 with Bart upgrade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by voodoobassist, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voodoobassist

voodoobassist Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    [/SIZE]Conklin GT-7, flame maple top, with extremely easy playability. I upgraded the pre to the 3 band bart system. Controls are now, volume,push/pull/active/passive,... pan,... push/pull/mid select,... stacked bass and treble. The bass plays very easily and sounds wonderful with the bart upgrade. It's in extremely clean condition, can only find one pinpoint ding about 4 inches from the input jack. Speaking of the jack, it is the only cheesy point on the bass. Replaced the locking jack with a regular one, and didn't have a jack plate that would fit. I fabricated one, and it is a rather ugly, but fully functional, bastardization of a les paul jack plate, all I had around at the time. The only other issue is the plastic ring bushing on the E string is split, including pics of both of these minor "issues" below.
    I love playing this beast, but I'm 55 and having some shoulder problems. Doc wants to do surgery, I'm holding out for divine intervention instead.:bag: Bottom line, she's just too heavy for a geezer like me to be gigging with, somewhere around 14 lbs, a true chunk. I'm asking $850 shipped, no case or bag. I could get a new case for it for somewhere around $50 if that would make a difference in the sale, bringing it to $900 shipped in the lower continental 48 states. I might be interested in a trade on a nice 4 banger jazz bass, a Lakland DJ 4 would definitely get my attention! Also looking at amps,...markbass sd800, or the other end of the spectrum, a nice tube head.
    I don't have a paypal account and only accept USPS money orders as payment. Western Union or any of the others have to be deposited and clear, taking anywhere from two weeks and up, so USPS MO only please! Now here's the pics.
    100_0597-1.

100_0595.

100_0605.
    Bart pre

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    controls, V/P/M/stacked BT

[​IMG][/IMG]
    ugly jack plate

[​IMG][/IMG]
    cracked plastic bushing on E string tuner

[​IMG][/IMG]

Enter the world of ERB for cheap,...$850 shipped in lower 48, USPS money order only please! :bassist:

Trades considered for a nice 4 banger jazz, or either a markbass sd800 or a tube amp.

2. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Bumpin it up

3. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Hump day bump day:D

4. ursusaltered

ursusaltered Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Madison WI
    would you consider a trade for a carvin claro walnut 18v active w/ piezo pikups neck thru in great condition

5. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    I'd probably have to pass on the Carvin, looking mainly for an outright sale on this one. Thanks.

6. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Weekend bump

7. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    bumpage :bassist:

8. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Mothers day bump

9. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    you sir, have a PM

10. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    PM replied.

11. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    aahaherhieajrn!< !(Q#UR$%

i want this thing so bad =[

12. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Haven't you heard Paul? It's the age of instant gratification,...buy it!!! :D

13. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    trade update bump

14. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Bumping this for trade offers,...a nice light 6 string maybe, interesting amp, 4 string jazz,... be creative,..offer something I can't refuse.

15. BR Audio

BR Audio Guest

Apr 13, 2006
    any interest in a power amp.?
    I have some Crown K2s and K1 as well as some XTIs.

take care
    Gil

16. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    I'll have to pass on the Crown, a nice tube amp would be great though! Thanks for asking.

17. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    weekend bump,.....trades highly considered,.....whatcha got????

18. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Took her out this weekend for a benefit gig,...she plays GREAT!!!! Would keep her if not for my bad shoulder,...still up for grabs,..somebody buy her or make me a great trade!

19. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Price drop to $800 shipped. Still open to trades, jazz type basses, roland v bass + cash, tube heads,...shoot me an offer!

20. voodoobassist

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Weekend bump,....let's trade!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.