1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fodera Emperor 5 bolt-on

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gruuv, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    This is the best sounding Fodera I've ever owned, played, heard, etc... but I have a penchant for finding amazing basses, loving them, growing discontent, selling them, and then regretting it later. What can I say, I am a fickle man. Anyway, this is a rare bird as well in that it's an Emperor 5 bolt-on with a walnut body, burl Redwood top with matching pickup covers, Madagascar rosewood fretboard with Abalone block inlays, 21 frets, 35 in scale with the extended B, and gold hardware/knobs. It's got the Pope pre and Duncan dual coils and a Fodera hardshell case. It's a 2004 model and was just sent back for a set-up, fret dressing, the whole nine. Truly an amazing instrument and does a darn fine Jaco impression with the bridge pickup soloed in addition to a killer modern vibe. It seriously has a monsterous B, and has an extremely defined, warm and punchy tone. While many prefer the Deluxe and Elite models, the Fodera bolt-ons are my favorites. The sustain is still there but with that classic bolt-on feel and attack. Pictures to come, still need to borrow a digital camera. $4500 plus shipping firm.

I always forget. . . No trades, Paypal ok but buyer covers fees.

Attached Files:

2. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    How can you have a $4500 bass and no digital camera?:D

3. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    :D I know. . . mine is in need of repairs. . .

4. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Just checking to see if photos were posted yet. I hope you and yours (including your bass and your friend's digital camera) escaped the tornados okay. ;-D

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    pictures posted. . . they are decent but don't do this bass justice. E-mail for full size. . .

6. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Bump for a super cool guy. This bass is AWESOME! Someone buy it before I do, Please!!!! My wallet can't take it any more.

Bassconbeatz:bassist:

7. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee

:D

8. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    It looks great but the headstock seems huge! How does it balance? And what is the string spacing? Speaking of fickle, didn't you once have an F Bass that looked just like my Avatar?

9. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'm in love with that bass! Love the woods, love the electronics, love the construction. REALLY wish I could snag it. Someone please buy it!

Marshall

10. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA

Just in case you don't know, the reason for the huge headstock, is because it has an extended "B". I want this bass!, but I must resist:crying:

Bassconbeatz

11. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    What does this bass weigh? How much fret wear is there?
    Some more pics please. Back, detail shots
    Any dings or mars?

12. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Sorry kids, bass is sold. Just awaiting the payment so I can mark the thread.

13. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Aw Man! Who's the lucky BP? I hope it's a tb'r.

Bassconbeatz

14. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    It is a TB'er and in your neck o' the woods. . . but that is all I can say unless he reveals himself! :smug:

15. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    That's great! I hope he 'fesses up, and maybe let me try her out.

Bassconbeatz

16. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Officially sold, received payment today. I'm sure he will, Basscon. Sorry it didn't work out!

17. largo

largo

Nov 19, 2004
    That was a good piece of business.
    Bass Alone had an identical bass to this for sale at $3975 just a few weeks back. ;¬) I had my eye on it, but it had already been sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.