1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fodera Monarch 5 Elite 34"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassSaxMan, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassSaxMan

BassSaxMan

Jul 11, 2008
    9-23: Price drop to 5000 plus shipping.

Up for sale is my Fodera Monarch 5. This bass is serial number 430 and plays great and sounds incredible. The last time this bass was at the Fodera shop Anthony Jackson got his hands on it, gave it a run and gave the bass, especially the tone, a thumbs up. I am selling this bass only because I am changing some things around. The bass has the following specs:

• 34 inch scale neck thru
      3 piece maple neck
      walnut body
      Maple burl top
      Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard
      Bartolini jazz pickups (not made like this anymore)
      Haz Lab pre
    I am asking 5000 firm, plus shipping. I will not consider trades for this bass. Please PM me if you are interested. This is a golden opportunity to own an incredible Fodera that has some serious mojo. You can also check my ebay feedback under "saxajar" to see what kind of "seller" I am. Thanks for looking everyone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. definitively rosewood, the grain is too open to be ebony

3. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2004
    New Jersey
    \
    I've played this bass, and it is an AMAZING sounding instrument. Very fair price too. Best of luck with the sale.

Ben

4. BassSaxMan

BassSaxMan

Jul 11, 2008
    I forgot to mention. This bass is currently tuned E-C with an E-C nut installed. It also includes the original B-G nut that it had. The work was done by Vinnie himself, so both nuts are done at the Fodera shop and both are included. It would be a simple matter to put the B-G nut back on.

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Man. . . this is tempting. I had this bass shortly after Ben did, absolutely one of the best examples of Fodera craftsmanship. I can't think of one negative thing about this bass - the tone is just huge, thick, but sweet and clear at the same time. Unreal................

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Trades?

7. BassSaxMan

BassSaxMan

Jul 11, 2008
    Price drop to 5000 plus shipping.

8. climb

climb