FS: Fodera NYC Empire 5 - $1600 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by allan grossman, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Okay, guys - my Fodera NYC Empire 5 is officially on the block.

The bass is easily a 9.5+ out of 10. Comes with OHSC and trussrod adjustment tool.

Pix are here - http://ebassist.com/pix/fodera

The particulars -

Rosewood fingerboard, sunburst body with new Fodera tortoiseshell pickguard. Joey Lauricella @ Fodera had this pickguard made for this bass - I'll include the original clear plexiglas pickguard which shows light wear but will polish up just fine.

Electronics - Duncan Vintage single-coils and an internal Pope preamp. This bass has a raw '60s Jazz tone that's extremely hard to ignore. I love the tone so much I usually play the thing passive :)

Also, I'll throw in a set of five nearly new black Hipshot Ultralite cloverleaf tuners - the original owner of this bass replaced the Gotoh/Fodera tuners with cloverleaf Hipshots - when I got the bass I yanked them out and replaced them with new tuners from Fodera. These tuners fit small (Gotoh) holes - they won't fit Fenders.

$1600 firm includes insured ground shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii and overseas buyers please contact me and we'll see what we can work out.

Terms: Paypal and postal money orders ship immediately. Non-postal money orders, cashiers' checks and personal checks must clear before I'll ship the bass - for my bank this takes ten working days.

cheers -

2. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Damn....no bites on this?
  3. Amazing, ain't it?

Oh, well. Next week I'll put it on eBay and it'll go quick :)
  4. Let's add a bit of a teaser...

5. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  6. If I had the cash, I would take it out of your hands INSTANTLY!
  7. Yeah - it's alder.

Hey, Hippiesandwich - I was raised in Felton and graduated from SLV High (more than a couple of years ago). I've lived there, Ben Lomond, Brookdale and Boulder Creek at some point - as far as I'm concerned it's about the best place in the world to live :)
  8. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Funny, I lived in Bonny Doon while attending UCSC. I just graduated yesterday!
  9. Congratulations! I haven't been home in 20 years, but like I said - best place in the world to live ;)
  10. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I am actually about 5 miles north of Boulder Creek up highway 9 almost to Castle Rock (near the "White Cockade" pub). It is truely amazing a place like this exists 30 minutes from Silicon Valley. I just moved here last December and am still in awe of the area every day :)
  11. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Expensive living though... well it was for me the starving musician college student. Oh wait, Ex-college student.
  12. Lessee...

My parents' house was up San Lorenzo Ave - just past Cowell Park. There used to be a dumcimer shop at the bottom of the hill and if you drive far enough up San Lorenzo you'd end up at Felton Quarry.

I lived for a time in downtown Ben Lomond - my first home after I moved out of my parents' house was an apartment I shared with a friend right behind the River House restaurant. Lived behind Brookdale Lodge for awhile and ended up about a mile and a half down Bear Creek Road.

First paying gig I ever played was at Santa's Village - so that'll give you some idea how damn old I am ;)

Ahh - memories.

Last time I was home was in 1987 - I have a sister in Brookdale still, one in Scott's Valley and another in Aromas. Most of the rest of my family has moved away.

But I digress. Glad you found a nice place to live - when I win the damn lottery I may move back there myself ;)