Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Fodera NYC Empire 5 - $1600 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by allan grossman, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Okay, guys - my Fodera NYC Empire 5 is officially on the block.

The bass is easily a 9.5+ out of 10. Comes with OHSC and trussrod adjustment tool.

Pix are here - http://ebassist.com/pix/fodera

The particulars -

Rosewood fingerboard, sunburst body with new Fodera tortoiseshell pickguard. Joey Lauricella @ Fodera had this pickguard made for this bass - I'll include the original clear plexiglas pickguard which shows light wear but will polish up just fine.

Electronics - Duncan Vintage single-coils and an internal Pope preamp. This bass has a raw '60s Jazz tone that's extremely hard to ignore. I love the tone so much I usually play the thing passive :)

Also, I'll throw in a set of five nearly new black Hipshot Ultralite cloverleaf tuners - the original owner of this bass replaced the Gotoh/Fodera tuners with cloverleaf Hipshots - when I got the bass I yanked them out and replaced them with new tuners from Fodera. These tuners fit small (Gotoh) holes - they won't fit Fenders.

$1600 firm includes insured ground shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii and overseas buyers please contact me and we'll see what we can work out.

Terms: Paypal and postal money orders ship immediately. Non-postal money orders, cashiers' checks and personal checks must clear before I'll ship the bass - for my bank this takes ten working days.

cheers -

allan

2. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Damn....no bites on this?

3. Amazing, ain't it?

Oh, well. Next week I'll put it on eBay and it'll go quick :)

4. Let's add a bit of a teaser...

[​IMG]

5. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  6. If I had the cash, I would take it out of your hands INSTANTLY!

7. Yeah - it's alder.

Hey, Hippiesandwich - I was raised in Felton and graduated from SLV High (more than a couple of years ago). I've lived there, Ben Lomond, Brookdale and Boulder Creek at some point - as far as I'm concerned it's about the best place in the world to live :)

8. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Funny, I lived in Bonny Doon while attending UCSC. I just graduated yesterday!

9. Congratulations! I haven't been home in 20 years, but like I said - best place in the world to live ;)

10. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I am actually about 5 miles north of Boulder Creek up highway 9 almost to Castle Rock (near the "White Cockade" pub). It is truely amazing a place like this exists 30 minutes from Silicon Valley. I just moved here last December and am still in awe of the area every day :)

11. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Expensive living though... well it was for me the starving musician college student. Oh wait, Ex-college student.

12. Lessee...

My parents' house was up San Lorenzo Ave - just past Cowell Park. There used to be a dumcimer shop at the bottom of the hill and if you drive far enough up San Lorenzo you'd end up at Felton Quarry.

I lived for a time in downtown Ben Lomond - my first home after I moved out of my parents' house was an apartment I shared with a friend right behind the River House restaurant. Lived behind Brookdale Lodge for awhile and ended up about a mile and a half down Bear Creek Road.

First paying gig I ever played was at Santa's Village - so that'll give you some idea how damn old I am ;)

Ahh - memories.

Last time I was home was in 1987 - I have a sister in Brookdale still, one in Scott's Valley and another in Aromas. Most of the rest of my family has moved away.

But I digress. Glad you found a nice place to live - when I win the damn lottery I may move back there myself ;)