1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fodera NYC Empire 5 String Ash/Maple BEAUTIFUL QUILT TOP!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MDFreeze, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDFreeze

MDFreeze

Jan 27, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    I'm reluctantly putting my NYC Fodera up for sale. It's in excellent condition and the tone cuts. The back pickup is killer! This bass was one of the early NYC's. It was originally featured on the Fodera Website. There was a Teal, Red, and All Natural bass that they had featured, if any of you guys remember that. Here's the link to the site where you can see it: http://www.fodera.com/nyc/empire.html

Here are the specs:

Ash Body with Quilted Maple Top
    Maple Neck
    Maple Fingerboard
    35" scale
    Pope two band pre
    Active/Passive switch
    Black Hardware
    Fodera Hard Shell Case

Controls: Volume/Tone, pickup pan, bass, treble.

Link to PICS: http://s877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/mdfreeze/Fodera NYC Empire/

This bass is really in amazing condition. There is only one small spot that I notice, but its not on the top. It's right on the top edge of the body where the maple top meets the ash body. It's very tiny, about the size of the tip of a mechanical pencil. I tried to photo it, but you can see that it didn't come out too well. Nothing else that I really notice though. There are a few tiny "buckle" rashes on the back, but you have to hold it in the light just right to see it. Lastly, one tiny indentation on the top side of the neck at about the second fret. I never feel it, but I need to let you know that it is there. For being played so much I can't believe it's still in this good of shape. I currently have it strung E-C. I did not however do any shims because I wanted the option of switching it over easily back to B-G, because the low B is killer with the 35" Scale.

$2400 Shipped in Continental US.

If there's anything I didn't answer for you already, please do let me know and I'll update the post as well.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Great price for this bass. This bass is constructed the "Fodera way." The head stock is spliced so that direction of the string pull is always parallel to the grain. This is the same method used on all of the uber expensive Foderas.

The new standard version of this bass uses a string tree ala Fender. Cheaper to produce. The way this bass is constructed is far superior and requires a ton of skilled wood work. Good luck with the sale. Its a beauty.

3. MDFreeze

MDFreeze

Jan 27, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    All PM's replied.

4. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    If buyer wants gold hardware I'll trade my Fodera gold for this black hardware! Another reason to act on this deal!

5. MDFreeze

MDFreeze

Jan 27, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    bump

6. MDFreeze

MDFreeze

Jan 27, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    On hold Pending Payment. Looks like its headed back to NYC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.