1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Fodera Vic Wooten Monarch Elite 4!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbuddha, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassbuddha

bassbuddha Gold Supporting Member

Very, very near mint Fodera Vic Wooten Monarch Deluxe 4 String. Mahogany body, flame maple top, maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard, EMG P/J, Pope 3 band preamp, and gold hardware. I've owned four of these, among other Fodera's, and it is the BEST 4 string I've ever played. Ridiculously low action if you dig that kind of thing and a very burpy, Jacoish rear pickup tone along with all of Vic's sound. Only cosmetic damage are some very, very small dings on the headstock that are difficult even to photograph. I would call it mint, but I'm very conservative about that kind of thing. Includes hardshell non-Fodera case. Asking $4400 shipped to lower 48. Bank issued cashier's check preferred or wire transfer. Other payment options may be considered.

The ONLY Trade considerations:
    Fodera (any)
    Fender 62 P Bass Reissue (Sunburst Finish)
    Fender Custom Shop Basses (any)
    Vintage Fenders (any)
    Fender Marcus Miller 5 (Black, White, or Shoreline Gold Finish)
    Sadowsky 5 (any)
    F bass 6
    Alembic Mark King 4 or 5
    Milennia STT-1 Origin
    Macintosh Macbook Pro

Obviously, some trades would be plus cash on your end or mine. I'm pretty set on cash, so please understand if I'm reserved about trades. Please do NOT email me with inquiries about other instruments as I'm 99% set on a cash deal. These are just some distant possibilities if the situation were just right.

Email or PM with any questions.

2. PMed

3. bassbuddha

Ladies and Gentlemen~

Please only contact me if you have questions about the bass, are interested in a cash deal, or are interested in trading one of the above items. I just can't justify acquiring anything else. Thanks for understanding.

4. tonykbass

tonykbass

Feb 20, 2008
    I have a F bass 6 in like new condition, will send pic if you want to trade.

5. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Is this bass an elite or a deluxe? Thread title says elite while your description says deluxe and there are no pictures of the back. Monarch Elites are very rare.

6. bassbuddha

Sorry all, it is a deluxe, not an elite with a set neck, not neck thru.

Thanks for the correction.

7. bassbuddha

Still Available..

8. bassbuddha

Bump

9. bassbuddha

Still available and considering serious offers..

10. bassbuddha

Bump

11. Bump for an awesome bass

12. bassbuddha

All~

Looks like I'll give it a run on Ebay.

13. Bassbwithu

Bassbwithu

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    My trade offer for the Gibson Thunderbird owned by Geezer Butler stills stands.

14. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Gold Supporting Member

Do you have too?
    :rollno:

15. Slurm

Slurm

Jan 9, 2005
    Sorry for the technical question, but could you measure the action on the bass? from the bottom of the string to the top of the 12th fret and a measure from the 24th fret also (in mm)? (i would like to get an idea of the playability) im very interested in the bass. thanks

16. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    It wouldn't be relevent if I measured my VW Monarch but I can sure attest to the playability. It has a great neck. I have my action very low.

Also, just about any Fodera is taking upwards of 3-4 years to get if you order one.:eek:

17. bassbuddha

I'm away from the bass until tomorrow, but I'll try and measure it at that point. As Jerry J stated, the playability is remarkable, and I have this bass setup lower than any instrument I know, including my other Foderas.

18. Slurm

Slurm

Jan 9, 2005
    thanks, yes i know theyre really playable, but the reason for the question is so i can find out what it feels like. i dont like buying instruments over the net cause you cant hold them first. but with fodera you dont have that luxary. so this helps me get an idea what its like.

thanks for taking the time to measure.

19. bassbuddha

Thanks all.

20. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Congrats to whomever is the lucky person. These are just spectacular basses.

Mine ain't going nowhere because I'm not that crazy to let it go.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.