1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Fodera Yin Yang Deluxe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kevin McKee, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin McKee

Kevin McKee Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    FS: Fodera Yin Yang Deluxe
    $7995 plus actual shipping

Here it is, your dream bass! Well, mine anyways.:)

This is a phenomenal instrument in every way. I’m only considering selling because I’m in need of $$.

The neck on this bass is a thing of beauty. It plays like butter. You can put the action as low as you want. Frets are near perfect. I've installed a drop D tuner on it and will include the original. I also upgraded the bridge to the current one that Fodera offers on the custom instruments, $275.

There is a small line on the top, just below the bridge pickup. You can see it if you tip it in the light. I tried to capture it in the close up pic. The previous owner thought that the line was in the grain of the Holly. I think it may be a blem in the finish. Either way it is very minor. The bass looks amazing. An absolute work of art! This is going to be a hard one to send away.

Birth year 2005
    34" Scale
    Holly/Ebony Top
    Alder Body
    Birdseye maple/ebony fingerboard
    Ebony dots
    Mike Pope pre-amp
    EMG Pickups
    Vic's signature

Due to the incredible complexity of the inlaid Yin Yang design, Fodera is only making 6 of these per year now.

Includes Fodera teardrop case and tools.

IMG_0123.
    IMG_0127.
    IMG_0111.
    IMG_0117.
    IMG_0124.
    IMG_0112.
    IMG_0116.
    IMG_0113.

2. boogie8008

boogie8008

Nov 18, 2008
    Denver CO
    someone buy this now so I don't make a bad decision.

3. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    What a beauty!

4. jeffbassguy

jeffbassguy "Less is more, unless the guitarist sucks"

Feb 4, 2001
    connecticut
    you suck for posting this a week after I bought my current fodera...just kidding, awesome instrument and priced to move. Good luck.

5. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    weight?

6. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    8lbs on bathroom scale.

7. Cookye

Cookye Supporting Member

If I can move my Alembic and it is still available I will definitly take it.

8. OH MY!! This is the kind of bass that makes me consider selling my car...and a great price that would leave me money for a decent pair of walking shoes too! Wish I could buy this beauty! GLWTS!

9. kdubb24

kdubb24 Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2012
    The "DMV" Maryland
    Being the owner of a Yin Yang standard...this is gonna keep me up at night! :eek:

10. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    I had a standard too and eventually my curiosity pushed me to buy up. The standards are wonderful sounding and playing, Fodera through and through. The differences with the deluxe are minor. The preamp is a little nicer in the deluxe. It has the sexiest neck joint and lovely inlay work. I also like the tilted head stock. The entire instrument is so sleek and comfortable.......that I may talk myself into changing my mind. :)

11. kdubb24

Aug 28, 2012
    The "DMV" Maryland
    "Buying up" is the same affect its having on me now? Did you read the PM I sent you earlier? ;)

12. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    PM's replied

13. DirtPoorRobins

DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    Don't do it skycoaster! You really do have a special one here, this is a fantastic bass and i think it is my favorite sounding pj fodera so far. And at this price (a crazy steal of a deal!) anyone else even thinking about it would be a fool not to buy it (as long as the funds are available). You're pretty much guaranteed to never lose money on this investment at this price.

14. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Great endorsement, coming from the previous owner. You don't see these come up for sale often and this one is in the price range of the Fodera Standard line up.

15. DirtPoorRobins

DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    If this lasts another day ill be amazed, great bass right at the end of tax season, perfect timing.

16. pringlw

pringlw

Nov 22, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Yikes! That's a priced to sell price. I think these are around $12k on the Fodera website now and that's with a 1+ year wait.

17. audreycashin

audreycashin Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    long island, ny
    ^
    what he said...:D

18. kdubb24

Aug 28, 2012
    The "DMV" Maryland
    Going to put my Warwick Infinity Bootsy Collins Orange Star Sig bass up for sale so I can buy this....it's killing me! :rollno:

19. Kevin McKee

Jan 15, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    OK guys, I've solved some $ issues and I'm going to keep this one. Thanks for looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.