Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Fostex MR-8 8-Track Digital Recorder, $175 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by zac2944, Jul 28, 2005.

1. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Paid $300 new a year ago at GC. Everything included: recorder, box, manual, power cord, flash card, just as if you bought it new. Unit is in like new condition. Nothing is broken, everything works.

I've used this unit for writing songs and recording quick demos. Sound quality and ease of use are great. I was able to use it without reading the manual. Records 2 tracks simultaneously, and 8 tracks total, CD quality sound. I'm selling because I just got a new PC and Sonar for recording.

Details from the www:

Incredibly user-friendly and portable, the MR-8 offers genuine 16-bit/44.1kHz, CD-level sound quality. 2-track simultaneous recording, and 8-track playback is just the tip of the iceberg. 38 self-illuminating keys, 13 knobs, and 7 smooth-moving faders combined with a 128x64 backlit LCD make it way easier to operate than any other full-featured digital recorder. Onboard guitar distortion, amp modeling, built-in mic, mic modeling, digital reverb and delay section, plus advanced editing and archiving features make stellar demos a breeze. Mastering effect for stereo bus, USB port for WAV transfer to PC, and optical S/PDIF out. Battery or included power supply operation.
    Features:
    · Stores to included 128MB flash card
    · 16-bit/44.1kHz uncompressed linear sound quality
    · 2-track simultaneous recording
    · 8-track playback
    · Ultra-intuitive interface
    · 128x64 backlit dot-matrix LCD
    · 38 self-illuminating keys
    · Onboard guitar distortion
    · Amp modeling
    · Mic modeling
    · Digital reverb and delay section
    · Mastering effect for stereo bus
    · Optical S/PDIF out
    · USB port for WAV transfer to PC
    · 6 AA alkaline cell operation
    · Included power supply
    · Built-in microphone
    · Sophisticated editing/archiving system

Attached Files:

2. zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Bump.

Just think..... You could record your demo and make it bit with this thing! Get signed! Women, cars, MTV!

3. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

PM SENT...

4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    PM sent.

5. zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY