1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Four String Fretless Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by krovx, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Bought this a couple months ago from imajammin and it was a great deal. I had my luthier friend replace the rosewood with ebony and to make it fretless. I put on some Fender black nylon strings and it sounds plays great. I think it sounds/plays better than the fretless Warwick corvette I played the other week at my local music store. Has many upgrades. I will show some before and after pics. I am selling because I am not playing the jazz gigs I was planning for and not doing as much recording either. I am asking for 280.00 shipped, give me offers if you would like. Let me know if you are interested. Here are the details and some before and after pictures.

This is Lake Placid Blue SX jazz with rosewood fretboard (changed to ebony for fretless) and matching headstock. it is upgraded with:

-DiMarzio's Ultra Jazz pickups
    -Jeannie black pearl pickgaurd
    -Aguilar OBP-3 (3 Band) Onboard Preamp
    -New high quality pots and knobs
    -Leo Quan BadAss Bass Bridge II
    -All Copper Shielding
    -new Fender Nylon Strings

The bass body is in mint condition. There is one small dent in the front of the headstock, the paint is not chipped. The back of the neck and headstock had an antique finish and a heavy gloss. I sanded off the finish and gloss and applied a tung oil finish. It feels great, 100% better, but as you can see some of the antique finish bleed into the wood and can still be seen. There is also a small nick in the head stock.

IMG_2159_16_1.

IMG_2162_17_1.

n599005989_1052563_1549.

2. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    DAMN, I would totally be interested if I could sell my 6er somehow. :(

Will PM if I do sell it.

3. drobinsn

drobinsn Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have the same LPB match hs SX jazz with the stock lined fretless neck. I installed a Badass bridge and Schaller tuners. I just received today a used set of Aeros that I am going to install tomorrow. Even with the stock pickups, it sounds and plays great. The Badass bridged worked wonders for it. Killer fretless.

4. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    More pictures for you folks!

IMG00120.

IMG00121.

IMG00122.

IMG00123.

IMG00124.

IMG00125.

IMG00126.

IMG00127.

IMG00128.

IMG00129.

5. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    For those who are curious about the preamp controls:

The controls are vol/vol stacked, mid, bass/treb stacked. The switches front to back are; series/parallel, mid freq, active/passive. Tons of tone possibilities.

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Man, so many great fretlesses around lately.

I don't need this but know a guy here who may be interested... I'll send him the link

7. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Payment sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.