Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Fretless Morch Curl Bass 5.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mikkel-S, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hi,

Up for sale is my old Morch bass from 82'. It's in fantastic shape, and is recently been updated with Morch's new pre-amp + integrated a EMG mid boost/cut/freq. Knops are: Vol, Blend, Tone, stacked bass and treble boost/cut and a stacked mid boost/cut and freq.
    The body is Mahogany. Neck is Beech with mahogany laminates(add to the bass' fantastic sustain!) Fingerboard is epoxy coated ebony.

This bass plays and sounds amazing. Truly one of a kind from one of the most passionate builders in Europe, Mr. Johnny Morch. http://www.morch-guitars.dk

This bass comes with a custom built flightcase and the old preamp. Fresh Thomastik Jazz Flats E-C

Trades? Run em' by me.

Price: 1700$ + shipping (located in Denmark)

The pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Bump.
    We can talk about the shipping price. :p

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    man... wished I had $ and if this bass was fretless!

Good Luck,
    J

4. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hey J..

It is fretless.. ;)

-Mikkel

5. Interested in a trade for a Fretless Conklin GT7?

6. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    That bass is so cool.

7. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    meant fretted... sorry.

Hows the Fodera and the Morch 6'er treating you?

8. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    My Morch 6'er is absolutely amazing!!! It just keeps surprising me! The tone man!.. The tone!.. It's a "MINI" AJ Presentation.. :smug:

The Fodera.. :crying: Im still waiting man!... Im almost at my breaking point.. :bawl:
    But in the mean time I have ordered a Morch 4 fretless.. We re-worked the old jazz-bass shape..
    I was at Morch's shop this sunday.. Check it out.. (I know it's a bit misplaced, but since you asked.. ;) )

[​IMG]

9. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Wow Mikkel! Is that neck/FB going to extend into the body? What are you going to do about p/ups? Knob Config?

Have you started a thread about this bass?

10. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    The neck is "only" 24 frets. It's the ramp that continues on the body. But it's gonna be usable as a "neck-extension"!
    The one PU is going in the bridge position and I have got Johnny to redesign his Dualcoil PU for me on this bass! So It's gonna be very interesting. The knop config. is stacked Vol/Tone + MIDI bridge. The whole MIDI thing is yet to be talked through. :D