1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Fretted Upgraded MIM P bass, and fretless Precision franken bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lia_G, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    UPDATE: both basses sold

For Sale, Fretted and Fretless P basses.

1: Fretted MIM P bass, upgraded with a Fender Original 62 pickup and CTS pots, and a Hipshot D-tuner. Plays very well and sounds amazing. I have the action set really low on it. If you play hard, you might need to raise it a little. $375 shipped, $350 local, now includes gig bag SOLD.

2: Fretless franken bass with Warmoth ebony fingerboard Precision neck, no-name body, Bartolini pickup, CTS pots, Badass II bridge. This bass sounds and plays amazing. Currently setup with D'Addario Chromes, 50-105. Headstock is blank, except has a little star sticker on it that can easily be peeled off. $425 shipped, $400 local SOLD.

I love both these basses, and have gigged a lot with them. I'm only selling because I'm mostly playing my 5 strings these days, and I'm a little strapped financially. Will negotiate a little, but please no lowball offers. Will ship, or will drive up to two hours from the Nashville area to meet you if needed.

Thanks!

10189648816_3f988fb089_z.
    P bass by wwgtsc, on Flickr

9694249779_0e3c29e788_z.
    V4B by wwgtsc, on Flickr

8207828815_10451905cd_z.
    Untitled by wwgtsc, on Flickr

Cheers,
    Liam

2. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Edited to add that the neck on the fretless is a Precision-width neck, not Jazz.

Liam

3. Does the neck on the fretless have position markers on the side?

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Yes it does, in the correct fretless positions (i.e. not in the middle of the fret positions like on a fretted bass). Not at every fret position. Thinking off the top of my head they're at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17, 19, and maybe at 21. I can double check that when I get home from work.

Liam

5. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Fretless is sold. Price drop on the fretted, and now including a gig bag. Nice one, too.

Cheers,
    Liam

6. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Final price drop on the P bass. If I can't get this for it I'm keeping it.

Oscar Cary (TB'er Scotch), bassist for Sixpence None The Richer, has played it and states that " This is a really GREAT sounding Precision! Unbeatable deal if you need a workhorse. "

Liam

7. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Fretted P sold to Gretchen Wilson's bassist! :D

Liam