1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT 04 Lakland 55-94D USA Natural Quilt and Birdseye **Light**

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Montanamike, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montanamike

Montanamike Mike Atkinson

Dec 23, 2009
    Hill City, SD USA
    Through a relatively bizarre and sorted string of events over the last month I have come to where this Lakland needs to go. It has been replaced by another jazz bass and it will be a shame if it doesn’t get played.

It is a great sounding 55-94 due to the amazing piece of ash, a great fret board and a huge B. The board is truly amazing. I’ve played many Laklands and this one sets up better and plays smoother than any of them. There are a couple of tiny dents and one very minor finish crack at the neck joint, which is very common. The head stock has a couple of dings too. See pictures. So I would say it is a 9/10.

[DEL]$2,500[/DEL]$2,350 shipped in the ConUSA OBO. Paypal is OK but I would prefer a money order or check. We will have to wait for the funds to clear before shipping.

International is OK. Buyer will have to pay all additional costs like shipping, taxes, duties, tariffs, etc.

Specifications:
    2004 Lakland 55-94 Deluxe
    Serial#: 6702
    Nut Width: 1.81"
    Nut Type: Bone
    Fret Size: .041/.085"
    Width at Final Fret: 3.3"
    Fingerboard Radius: 10-13" (Compound)
    Scale Length: 35"
    Frets: 22
    Bridge String Spacing: .75" or 19mm
    Neck Wood: Quarter-Sawn Rock Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars
    Body wood: Swamp Ash
    Top: Quilt Maple (Deluxe only)
    Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple with Ebony Dots
    Tuners: Hipshot Ultralight
    Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 5/32" Hex
    Controls: Cut and Boost: Bass, Midrange, Treble, Panning-style Pickup Blend Control, Master Volume (pull for preamp bypass), 3-way Bridge Pickup Coil Tap Toggle
    Bridge: Lakland Dual Access
    Preamp: Bartolini with adjustable gain and midrange frequency select toggles. Fully shielded
    Pickups: Bartolini
    Weight: 8 lbs. 12 oz.

OHSC included: Vintage White. The case has a crack on the body end. It could be fixed. Otherwise the case is in excellent condition.

Trades: This list is pretty small. I’d really like a Sadowsky M524 or a 5 string PJ. I’d be willing to deal on these. If you have something else please let me know.

Pictures Taken on July 22

1. 2. 7.

3. 4.

5. 6.

8. 9. 10.

11. DSCN9825. DSCN9826.

Thanks for looking and God bless!

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    VERY nice! GREAT wood all around (ash, top, BEM neck!) and light weight as well!

too bad I am "Lakie'd out" (well according to my wife) at this point...

peace and GLWTS:

Doug

3. firefighta115

firefighta115 Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Texas (close to Houston)
    Phil Jones Bass, ZON basses, Darkglass Electronics, La Bella Strings
    WOW! Beautiful bass that, no doubt, sounds and plays as good as it looks, and its coming from a super guy....

GLWTS Mike.

4. Montanamike

Dec 23, 2009
    Hill City, SD USA
    Thanks guys, it is a great bass. But I guess there isn't a lot of love for it right now. Let's try a new price and see what happens. I will Look at all Offers.

Price Drop

5. Montanamike

Dec 23, 2009
    Hill City, SD USA
    Sold pending payment

6. firefighta115

firefighta115 Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Texas (close to Houston)
    Phil Jones Bass, ZON basses, Darkglass Electronics, La Bella Strings
    Well Mike, I'm glad you got it sold, but I hate to think about watching another beautiful US Lakland walk away.....

7. Yeah, me too. I was so close to buying this one but am saving for a down payment on a house. This is a beauty and I'm sure the buyer will be very happy!

8. Montanamike

Dec 23, 2009
    Hill City, SD USA
    And SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.