1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT '05 Olympic White Sadowsky Modern M5-24 (VTC just added and setup by Sadowsky)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ustabawannab, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    SOLD.

I picked up this Sadowsky M5-24 #M874 locally. I wanted the opportunity to try one with the intention that if it wasn't for me, I'd flip it. I sent it to Sadowsky Guitars to get a VTC installed and have them set it up new strings to their standards. Roger said it was part of the second batch of Metro Moderns that they got in 2005.

When I bought it three weeks ago I put on a brand new set of Blue Label Stainless Steels the original owner included in my deal . They played great and I did a pretty good job of setting it up. To my tastes though, the tone was a little zingy for my pick style of playing. I asked Sadowsky's techs to set it up their way with Blue Label Nickels.

When I got it back I was amazed how much better job they did with the setup then I did. The action is close yet responsive and clear. The combo of VTC and nickel strings went a long way towards calming down the HiFi zing. Roll the VTC off half way and favor the neck pup and my Bergantino HT112ERs really punch now. I can see why guys that favor slapping like those soapbars so much.

Why am I getting rid of it if it's so nice?:rollno:

The next Sadowsky I wanted was a RV5 PJ. I enjoyed my Nordy equipped 4 string HPJ (see avatar) but got rid of it when I switched to 5'ers. I am also really interested in the newish Will Lee 5's preamp. More punch for my style of pick playing. So... I thought if I sold this M5-24 Metro and my Fender American Standard P-Bass V I could probably afford a NYC version of the PJ5 or Will Lee 5. If not, I'll be happy with what I have.

It's light! 8 pounds 13.5 ozs, not an optimistic bathroom scale guesstimate but from my accurate digital postal scale. As for the M5-24's condition, the previous owner took very good care of it and the soft case. The body is clean. No gouges scratches, dimples, dents or buckle rash. The neck and headstock are almost flawless as well, except for a small cymbal edge bump on the back of the neck around the 12th fret. The original owner had the back of neck sanded and refinished. You can see where it was but you cannot feel it. It's perfectly smooth. Great job.

[DEL]Trades that I'm specifically looking for...

Sadowsky Metro or NYC RV5-PJ
    Sadowsky Metro or NYC MV5-PJ
    Sadowsky Metro or NYC Will Lee 5 RV5-WL
    Sadowsky Metro or NYC Will Lee 5 MV5-WL

I'm not as interested in but would still consider..
    Sadowsky Metro or NYC RV5, MV5 or UV5
    [/DEL]

[DEL]Outright sale, $2150 obo[/DEL]. Outright sale, $1975 obo PayPal or USPS Money Order only. This includes insured shipping anywhere in CONUS.

2. Awesome....

3. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    There is a bass available that I really want. I need funds now:help:

My Sadowsky is now listed on eBay as well as here. I will now accept best reasonable offer.

If you are on the fence :bag::bag: Lets's talk.

Also watch for my American Standard P-Bass V coming up if I snag the other bass

4. RudeMood

RudeMood Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I used to have one exactly like this... I went back to 4 strings several years ago and now I'm thinking of jumping back into 5-land. Hmmm... me need to do some thinkin'.

5. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    I'll make it worth your while ;) I really want this other bass and it won't stick around long.

6. RudeMood

RudeMood Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I posted one of my P-basses for sale so we'll see what happens. I can only make you an insulting offer as of now so I have to wait a bit so you don't hang up on me...

7. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    SOLD on eBay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.