1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: 1967 Fender Coronado II Hollowbody

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by markjazzbassist, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is a 1967 Fender Coronado II Hollowbody bass. The bass is in Mint Condition (has 3 small dings on the body, a couple on the headstock) for it's age. The bass functions correctly and has no issues. It is 100% all original and about as clean as they come. It was recently checked over by my luthier and everything is up to snuff. It ships with a Brand New Hard Shell Case.

SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Mark, you're killin' me with this one.

Let's see....buy the bass, or cancel the vacation with girlfriend ?

Vacation wins, but not by much.

Beautiful bass, and I love the woody "thump" that you get from Coronados. One of the more "under-appreciated" basses out there IMO.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    SA-WEET!

4. Dave Campbell

Dave Campbell

Jul 13, 2006
    How does it sound?

5. it is fully hollow (not semi) so a lot of thump. and (URB flame on) i feel (as well as others) it's the most uprightish sounding electric you can get. especially with flats or tapes. big bottom and body to the tone.

6. bump for awesomeness

7. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    *whew* love it...what is the scale length on these?

8. fender listed it in their literature as short scale (30"), but due to the trapeze tailpiece and floating bridge you need medium scale strings.

so i believe it really is a short scale bass, just requiring longer strings due to the bridge and tailpiece.

9. off to ebay

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Beautiful bass and free bump

11. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    wow, this is awesome! I wish I had the loot...

12. Dave Campbell

Dave Campbell

Jul 13, 2006
    What color is that... Fiesta Red?

13. more like a candy apple red that has mellowed. the pictures show it to be a lot lighter.

14. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    markjazzbassist, I have this exact same bass. I can beleive you are selling this!!! I bet you'll hate yourself later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.