1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS / FT 1968 Fender P-Bass, All Original (except PG) *Incredible Condition* Lollipops

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Montanamike, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montanamike

Montanamike Mike Atkinson Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 23, 2009
    Havre, Montana, USA
    Own a Music Store
    I really don’t want to do this, I love this bass, honestly it is the only P-bass I have every really even liked. I am a Jazz bass guy, through and through. Hence the reason I’m selling; new Sadowsky arrives this week. The condition of this P is truly amazing, the finish, pups, bridge, neck, tuners, knobs, strap buttons, etc. are all 100% original with light playing wear, for being 44 years old it is amazing. The pick guard is ’62 reissue and there is a slight tweak to the g string tuner, but it works fine. The best way to describe the is simply Elegant.

There is virtually no fret wear, I think it has always been strung with flats and the action is really comfortable with no buzz. It sounds really amazing, great gooey P-bass goodness, it growls like a classic p should. Currently string with LaBella flats.

The pots date to ’67, Neck is Jan 1968 and the Serial number is correct for the year. 217452 The sticker from the original shop that sold the bass, I assume, is on the back of the head stock "Arnold & Morgan Music Company Garland, TX". This is pretty cool and explains the flats.

I worked long and hard to ensure the originality of this bass when I bought it and it is all original except for a replacement pick guard, the original crumbled as they all do. This is probably one of the last basses to receive the Lollipop tuners which all work great. The ashtray still has the original foam. The neck is Nitro finish and has wonderful finish cracking but is very intact, almost no flaking and the body is poly.

The body is alder and the weight is 8lbs, 10oz. It comes with the original hard-shell case that is in great condition, only 1 crack!

I have tons more pics that I can send you and Please let me know if you have any more questions.

I’ve seen these for sale for as much as $10,000 but more commonly for 7-8K. What I haven’t seen is one in this good of original condition that has actually been played. People pay big money for basses to be relic’d or artificially road-worn, this is the real deal; it has been played and cared for, for over 40 years.

$5,500 OBRO, Shipping Included in the ConUSA. PayPal is OK but would prefer a USPS money order. I will ship international but the buyer is responsible for shipping, taxes, tariffs, etc. I will discuss just about all cash offers. Please don’t discount your offer, let’s talk.

I will consider partial trades; prefer Sadowsky or other high-end 5 strings plus some cash.

Pictures taken on 7-7-12

1. 2.

3. 4.

5. 6. DSCN9776.

This picture shows how the factory finish red doesn't continue
    under the pick guard. Tell tail sign of original finish.
    7. 8. 10.

11. 12.

13. 14.

15. 16.

17. 19. 20.

21. DSCN9785. DSCN9790.

God Bless and Thanks for looking

2. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Wowwwww. I mean wow. Some wear but incredibly clean nonetheless.

I've always had a thing for lollipop tuners! Amazing bass, hope it finds a happy home soon :)

3. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Wow! Arnold & Morgan music store was where I took lessons. Larry Morgan died a few years ago. It's out of business, had been for awhile.

Small world. GLWTS

4. Montanamike

Dec 23, 2009
    Havre, Montana, USA
    Own a Music Store
    Carter, thanks I will miss it.

Morrison, that is really cool. I assumed it was the store and I am glad it will always be remembered. Great stuff.

Mike

5. Montanamike

Dec 23, 2009
    Havre, Montana, USA
    Own a Music Store
    And Sold to a loving home

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.