1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT 1971 Fender Telecaster/Precision Bass - Quick Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Usedtoplaymore, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First - All Original - had this listed about 6 weeks ago - but found out the body had been refinished from Tan to Natural 20 yrs ago (thanks to the help of a fellow TB'er) and I pulled the listing - Hard to tell but on any older bass I believe you need full disclosure.

The Bass has all of the original components including the original case - It has the Alnico pick up (Much rarer than the humbucker pick up). All Pots / Serial / Neck - date to 1971.

If you are looking for the original Fender Precision "Thump" there is no other bass like this one for that sound. Just finished a recording session with it so I am looking for something different.

I am looking for $1900 - would prefer a local transaction (can meet someone from NY in Hartford etc... or anyone from the local New England Area). I already have one trade offer in, that I am going to take by the end of the week in the event I cannot find something I am really gassing for - or cash.

My trade preferences - Sadowsky, Fender Custom Shop Jazz, or ???.

If you need any pics or info - please email me and I will get back to you with what you need. Thanks for looking.

2. Trying to post Pics here - By the Way Mojo Man - I am interested - but your email keeps getting kicked back to me.

3. Let em know - thanks

4. Does it have the ashtray and pickup covers?

5. included in the case - I play it without them on the bass - here is a pic with both on the bass.

6. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

Isn't that bridge cover on backwards?

7. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Backwards keeps the foam mute off the strings. Looks pretty "Jetsons", that way, too.

8. Thanks.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.