1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: 1975 "Mocha" Fender P!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TonyGnarks, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Hello!
    1975 Fender precision w/ OHSC is up for grabs. I'm asking $1500+shipping or I'm looking to trade ONLY for stack knob/60's style jazz basses (fullerton fenders, '62 RI, lakland etc.) a G&L JB Bass, Sadowsky Will Lee, Sandberg.:D Just shoot me your sweet JB's!!!
    I am not the original owner. This has been my go to instrument for 100% of my work, from hardcore/screamo gigs to hip-hop. It plays phenomenally and sounds huge. Everything works as should: tuners tune, the truss rod turns, etc.
    The bass has no date stamp on the heel of neck or in the body, but does have a J.torres stamp which as my research has showed me is fairly common.

The bass is all original with the exception of the pickguard and pickguard screws, tone&volume pots and knobs and the nut.
    As is seen in the pics this bass has seen a fair amount of play and for good reason. The finish is very worn, from the headstock down to the butt of the bass; front an back.
    The only issues with this bass is that two of the pickguard screws sit loose in the body and the A string's slot in the nut is starting to bottom out. Because of the nut I had to install a second tree... but both of which can be easily fixed by your local tech.
    Feel free to ask me questions!
    More pictures posted soon!

Attached Files:

2. Reviresco

Reviresco "Spread hope like fire." Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2011
    New England
    Love it. My brother has one of these. Solid piece of wood!

3. Thanks! For as worn as it is, it's a really gorgeous bass.

4. Nobody's interested!? A great, classic instrument that plays well and has a rare finish.

5. Sunday bump!

6. JWTin

JWTin

Sep 3, 2007
    Would you have any interest in a trade for a geddy lee jazz bass w/sadowsky hummcanceling pickups, sadowsky on board preamp, pearloid pick guard, and thumb rest added as well. Plays like a dream and has the thin 70's neck. I can send pics if interested at all. All work was professionally done as well.

7. 78fenderjazz

78fenderjazz

Oct 25, 2010
    Did you ever live in southern California? Reminds me of a bass I met at Fullerton college.

8. No thank you. The Geddy neck always felt a tad too thin to me and I'm hoping to stray from maple boards and get back to rosewood. Thank you though!

9. theretheyare

theretheyare Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing: Arkham Vacuum Tube Amplification
    Bump for the best looking P-basses ever. I had one of those and it's the only bass i really felt sorry about selling.

10. Hey, man thank you so much. This type of mocha finish with the maple board really does look stunning up close and on the stage (just peep my avatar)!
    I'm sure I'll regret getting rid of this bass, but for now my gas for a 60's styled Jazz has taken over all thoughts and actions!

11. JWTin

JWTin

Sep 3, 2007
    Hey thanks for the reply and bump this bass looks sick and wish I could afford it! ?

12. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

I have a mocha 1974 and it is a great looking, playing and sounding bass.

$1500 is a good deal for this bass..... a new professionally installed nut is $40 max and a toothpick fixes the PG screws in 30 seconds!

13. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    Really is a good price on that bass. I had a '77 mocha P, and miss it every day.

14. Thanks so much guys! I'm going to try to have more pics up tonight detailing all of the wear n' tear on this guy. It is with out a doubt a bass that has deservingly been and needs to be played!

15. I have never lived in SOCAL, but this bass may have spent some time there. I picked it up in Portland while on tour when my MIA jazz standard was stolen...:(

16. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Glad that isn't an A neck on there or I might be bass richer and $ poorer right now.

17. Jungy

Jungy

Jun 9, 2011
    Oz
    Looks awesome. Would you consider an international sale?

18. Thanks Jungy, but I'm trying to keep this within the CONUS. Sorry, man!

19. more pics...

Attached Files:

20. Same here. I'd gladly jeopardize my marriage for this combination- mocha, maple FB, black PG, THAT decal... AND I'm local(!) The *A* neck would have been too much for me. GLWTS