1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: 1976 Rickenbacker 3000 - Shortscale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by grygrx, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    1976 Rickenbacker 3000 Shortscale (30 inch) Bass
    Weighs about 10.1 lbs (bathroom scale)

10105125123_fe876d40cd.

Sad Story:
    There isn't one. I love the vibe and sound of this bass, but it's not competing with my number one so it's time to move it on and try something new!

Detail rundown:
    There are a few places along the body edges where the clear has worn off and a few dings here and there, but on the Mapleglo finish these are barely noticeable, no routes under the pick guard or anything else. Factory pencil marking "N" for natural in cavity under the clearcoat.

The bass is structurally very sound -- there are no breaks, cracks, funny-looking lines, etc. The electronics work as they should and everything appears to be original. The neck is straight and the frets and fretboard are good.

Knobs are original, but one is missing the sticker label and the other sits a little funny. This could be a problem with the set screw, or a slightly bend pot that it sits on. Just taking it off and putting it back on, I couldn't quite figure it out.

Comes with a Rickenbacker form-fit case made exactly for this model, holds the bass very securely and has a large "Rickenbacker" metal logo on the outside of the case. Case is worn, but sound and fully functional

This bass was registered on the Rickenbacker Resource site by the previous owner which is visible here and includes addition photos.

Entire photo set I took yesterday

Price:
    $SOLD shipped with case in the ConUS.

Possible Trades
    Rob Allen Mouse (Lined Fretless)
    TV Yellow Single Pickup Gibson Guitars
    Really, I'll consider almost anything... don't be shy.
    +/- $ as needed.

2. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Very cool. You don't see these that often.

3. cute! doesn't match with the brand "Rickenbacker", which sounds to me, like a robot looking similar to a pickup truck. :D

4. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Rise little bass, be seen by all!

5. conebone

conebone Anime is rad.

Sep 20, 2013
    New Jersey
    PM sent!!

6. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Cool bass. So this has only 1 pickup? What kind? How would you describe the tone/range of tones? What's the neck profile like and what's the nut width? Are you only interested in a fretless Mouse or would you consider a fretted one? Thanks, DM

7. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    It has the original Rickenbacker high-gain hum-canceling pickup. I think it sounds a bit like a P bass with a little bit of additional ric-like bark at the top end of the tone knob (which I quite like).

I didn't measure but the internet tells me the nut width is the same as a 4003 - 42.9 mm or 1 11/16''

Neck profile, I'm not sure the best way to describe it. It's a little on the thick side, more like a P than a J.

and.. Yes, I'd consider other options on the mouse front!

8. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for the quick info. Very tempting. Let me mull whether I can handle the weight.

9. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    uP!

10. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Free bump. Still mulling. Do you have (or could you post) any sound clips (ideally, just noodling on the bass and adjusting the tone pot, not in a mix)? Thanks, DM

11. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Sure... while you wait, my youtube page has some little examples smattered through-out. This video for example opens with a clean sound of the bass:

12. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks.

13. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Sold and Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.