1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT 1978 Ibanez Artist Guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by jiant., Apr 5, 2006.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I happened upon this guitar a few months back. It has the sustain block, but needs a bridge, probably new tailpiece and a knob. It has active electronics, flying finger humbuckers and a sweet looking mother of pearl inlay. This was a well played guitar, and has the wear to show it. I was told that this guitar was pre-Gibson lawsuit, but I'm not totally sure on that. Gibson sued Ibanez because these were almost exact copies of their double-cutaway Les Paul's. I was also told that the tone of this guitar would be much like that of a Les Paul. The serial number is K786990. It comes with a heavy duty metal plated case that has seen a lot of road time, but is still doing it's job well and all the latches still work and everything. It's a tank to say the least. I'm mainly looking to trade this for a bass,or some kind of vintage tube amp, but I would consider selling as well. Other pics available upon request.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      11.6 KB
      Views:
  2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Headstock pic.

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    what's the spacing on the bridge?

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I'll check this weekend when I drive home, because I don't have the guitar here at school.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    What kind of basses would you look for in trade?

6. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I don't know, I'd really like to get a good P bass or maybe a Stingray, but I'm open to suggestions.

7. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Sorry, but I didn't check the spacing of the bridge this weekend. Fortunately, I'm driving home again this Friday, so I'll check it out then. Otherwise...offer me something guys! Bump!