1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT 1979/1980 Fender Jazz Bass Maple/Sunburst - Gorgeous!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lichtaffen, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    SOLD.

Here's something you don't see every day: a late 70's ALL ORIGINAL Fender Jazz Bass. I bought this from a very reputable dealer (Elderly Music). The serial number dates this bass as a 1978, but Elderly Music said it is really a 1979/1980 (have a copy of the receipt). They assured me it's all original, I believe them. Nothing looks out of place and it's relic'ed pretty nicely. It's been played, but not abused. I used it for only 2 gigs and it sounded amazing.

Comes with the original case in very good condition and both pickup covers in excellent condition. The neck on this thing is amazing. Very smooth and well broken in. The frets are good with no buzzing. Nut width is 1.5". Truss rod works fine. Nothing has been modified. It goes from that really sweet Jazz bass growl to a nice old school thump depending on how you EQ it. Right now it's set up perfectly with nice low action. It's strung with a set of DR Marcus Millers which sound great for slapping. I've also played it with TI Jazz Flats and it really sings. It is a little heavy, I'd say about 11 lbs., but I'll check on a bathroom scale and post the weight tomorrow.

There is one big crack in the finish near the bridge which is visible in the photos. Other than the usual wear, the finish is in pretty great shape for it's age and it's still pretty shiny. Also, as expected for Fenders from these years, the neck pocket has some gaps, but it doesn't affect playability or sound in any way.

I'm asking $2200 with free shipping including insurance to the 48 states only. I'll accept PayPal. Here are some trades I may be interested in:
    Any Alleva Coppolo
    USA Lakland Joe Osborns

4534726625_a6a42c8845_b.
    4534726569_27e9945945_b.
    4534724783_ac39b6a3ab_b.
    4535358776_8e868d98ba_b.
    4535360376_6555295ee7_b.
    4534726709_fcab3bf890_b.
    4534726779_9e506d56cb_b.

Please inspect the photos carefully before committing to buying. I've made every effort to show every detail in the photos. Please PM with any questions.

Let the G.A.S. begin.

2. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Great photos!!!!! PM sent!

3. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Still available.

4. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    bump

5. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    That thing is so gorgeous. I want.... I need to sell this Sadowsky...

6. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Bump for an identical clone of my Jazz. I have this exact bass, only a couple hundred serial numbers away... except this thing looks like a "before" picture of my bass. Mine looks like it's been dragged behind a car, which it nearly has been.

The buyer of this bass will not be disappointed. Mine has never let me down, and I keep coming back to it.

Awesome Jazz Bass.

7. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    PM's replied to.

fu22ba55, you've got to post photos of your Jazz. I want to see what this would look like beaten up.

8. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    If I had not decided to keep my Sadowsky, this would be MINE!!!! Bump for a killer bass and a great deal! :smug:

9. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Thanks Chris. I know that Sadowsky is well worth keeping.

10. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    If I can get my hands on a pickguard and put the original bridge back on, I'll take some snaps for a true "before and after" comparison.

11. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I've gotten a few trade offers for Sadowsky's. I never really considered those before, but I'll entertain offers now that I've looked into them a bit. I prefer 4 strings though, but not set in stone.

12. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Possible deal in the works, but still available as of this moment.

13. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Wow. this is amazing.

14. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    OMG Holy Grail IMO..and my birth year...that by far is the nicest jazz I've ever seen!!! wow

15. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I've had some very very tempting trade offers, but I'm still holding on for either cash or an Alleva Coppolo.

16. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Pending a deal. Fingers crossed.

17. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    SOLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.