1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS FT 1982 Ibanez Blazer NICE! $299 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pmcd, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    1982 Ibanez BL-700 NT

REALLY good vintage P Bass tone. Like most great Made in Japan basses from this era, these are steadily going up in value as people figure out how high the quality was on these. I'm not a Vintage Fender expert, but this bass feels and sounds as good as any 70's Fender P I have played.

Ash Body
    Maple Neck and fingerboard
    "Hercules B" tuners
    "Super P-4" pickups with adjustable poles

The pickup is oh-so-slightly microphonic, but not to the point of being obnoxious or un-usable. I only noticed it after playing thorough over-drive. I thought about switching the P-ups, but honestly the stock one sounds so great as-is. Only thought I would mention it for full disclosure

This bass has a good amount of honest 28-year-old bass player wear.
    Some buckle rash and various light scratching. Some discoloring/rust on the bridge and original knob. Neck is straight and truss works as it should. Frets have some wear, but a good amount of life left. I don't have a scale, but I would guess this about 10-11 pounds.

All original except missing one original knob.(The original is not pictured, but will be included.)

It is currently strung with a newish set of D'addario Half-Rounds. I will ship it with your choice of these or a brand new set of D'addario nickels.

No original case. Will ship in a gig bag.

$299 Shipped Lower 48 Postal Money Order

I mostly am looking for a sale, but I will also consider pedals as trade towards this. Lemme know what you have.
    DSCF0780.
    DSCF0782.
    DSCF0781.
    DSCF0784.

2. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    First bass I ever bought in '85 was one of these and they are an awesome bass - definitely worth the asking price. If I hadn't just bought two basses in the last two weeks I'd be asking if he ships to Canada....

3. i believe you have a pm sir ;)

4. This is an awesome bass. There is one at my local GC that I compare all the other basses to. If you want a full beefy P bass. This is your guy.

I have a Super P-4 in my Fender. It rocks.

5. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I saw this on the denver CL today! haha. PMed

6. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    PM's responded. Some nice trade offers,but still here for now.

7. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    bump

8. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I can vouch for these, too. I sure love my '82!

9. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    bump

10. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Amazing. This looks exactly like my 78 P which I refinished with an oil/varnish blend. Mine sounds fantastic with the upgrade to a Duncan pickup. Yours must be a monster when set up right and with the right strings.

One of my students has one like yours-about the same year. He refuses to sell it. I don't blame him.

11. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    PM sent but never heard back

12. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    do want!

13. Plinkerton

Plinkerton

Feb 22, 2007
    Goddamit.

I've been staring at this stupid thing for a week.

Waiting for someone to buy it, so I wouldn't have to...

I'll take it.

I can paypal immediately.

14. Plinkerton

Plinkerton

Feb 22, 2007
    ARGH!

I'm sooooooooo sorry. I have to back out of this.

An unforseen even has come up, and I can't afford to spend money on something I don't need.

I'm really really sorry, and hopefully since this is very soon after, it's not a problem.

Please someone buy this!!!

15. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    My first bass, except mine was red/white and died after being left in a damp Manchester cellar for two years.

*bump* for a familiar headstock shape that I'd forgotten about completely.

16. pmcd

pmcd Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    No sweat man! I'm having cold feet about selling this, and think I will close this thread until I'm positive about selling it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.