1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT 1983 G&L Bass w Alembic pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fdeeptone, May 5, 2010.

1. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    FS/FT 1983 G&L modded with Alembic pickups.
    Maple neck, Ash body i beleive as this is a heavy bass.
    13 lbs on the bathroom scale;P Solid neck, great action. recently setup. new strings,new pot replacement.
    Bass has been refinished and painted when I purchasd the bass 12 years ago. All Active PU very hot.
    Open to trades, LF tube amps preferably. First time selling on this site. I will always give full disclosure and expect the same;) more pics available if needed.[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

108.jpg
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Views:
  2. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

I think you need to post a price, I'm not 100% sure if it's a trade only sitch. I am curious what you're asking for it, too.

3. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    I am guessing $1000.00US. I am somewhat flexible as i am really in need of a nice tube amp at least 100 watts.
    Open to offers. hard to put a price on somthing i have treasured for so long lol. But really need to upgrade my amp:bassist:

4. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Good luck!

5. Oh and I have GAS free bump for a cool concept bass probably very very hot.

6. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Was this an L-1000? If so, what year? Is the headstock painted over the decal?

7. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Not my bass, so take it with a grain of salt, but that control plate and headstock shape say 1st gen SB-2 to me.

8. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    Yes the bass was painted when I bought it 12 years ago. there is no question as to if it is original as i have had it looked over by the local guitar shop. I am an Alembic guy and when I saw this G&L I was like wow Maple neck and alembic pickups! I had to have it.
    Been great bass and has held the test of time. SB-2 would be the model that was modded. I only own my Alembic spoiler and this G&L so it is a bit of a sacrifice for me
    but I need more power in an amp. currently using an swr 4004 working man head which could be thrown in for the right deal:) thanks for looking. The bass is an 1983 serial number B013176.

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Sound clips? Controls?

10. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    I guess I better create a soundclip, most my recordings are using my alembic spoiler.
    The controls are bottom knob is a low pass filter which effects the overall tone of the bass, center knob is a pan.
    and the top is a rotory selector. Of course it is a low impedence signal so Alembic added a preamp to strengthn the output signal thus no hum. Ill work on the soundclip but that means a trip to our rehearsal site. my recording equiptment is over there.

11. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    Bump

12. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    I can vouch for fdeeptone. He is a genuine, considerate person who is very pleasant and easy to deal with. Gentleman by all accounts. Bump for a killer bass too.

13. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    saturday! the weekend!!!

14. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    bump sunday mothers day!

15. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    bump Monday

16. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    bomp Tuesday!

17. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    bump

18. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    what is the width at the nut?
    and is there a DIY contour on the front or am I wrong that 1st gen SB-2's were all slabs?
    Is there a belly contour?
    More pics?
    Could you take a close up of the control plate near the volume knob.
    Thank you very much
    Sonny

19. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

I am going to take a chance, because life is about chances -

Trade for my 2005 USA Claro Walnut Peavey Cirrus ? (see the thread - you'd be getting a KILLER bass !)

ok -- here I go; I'm gonna press "submit reply"

20. fdeeptone

fdeeptone

Mar 26, 2009
    Newark Ohio
    there is a contour on the bass I guess you would call it a belly contour as its on the side of the bass thats against your belly:) Ill measure the neck. neck is very comfortable at least to me,I rest my arm on that contour, makes it very comfortable.
    I dont see any other contours other then the one mentioned.
    Ill dig my camera up so you can see a closeup of the broken part of the plate.
    I dont think it would take much to create a templete for it and cut a new piece of plastic. Thanks for your interested ill try to post pic by tomoorrow.