1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT 1995 Ibanez USATK 4 w/Bunker's Tension free neck design

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seventhsunbass, Apr 18, 2011.

1. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    And she's gone to makeshiftpro.

Ed
    I will ship the bass in a generic gig bag (so-so shape) and packed to the nines for $500. :bassist:
    This shipped offer is for the CONUS (lower 48, sorry Canada) only. I will eat most of the shipping and packing charges but for God's sake, DON'T TELL THE Mrs.!!!! :bag:

I traded one of my Mesa 400+ stacks for my dream bass, an Alembic Elan Plus 4. That being said, I have to make room for my new Addiction.
    This is one of the rare USATK basses with the Bunker tension free neck design.
    Here is a link to the 1996 Ibanez catalog.
    http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1996/96033.jpg

More info on Dave Bunker's Tension free neck design here:
    Bunker Guitars - About
    and
    Bunker Guitars - Tension Free Guitar Neck

This is a players bass, not a museum piece. The transparent red has mellowed into a sort of dark wine, for lack of a better color. There are nicks, dings and looks like someone mared the pick guard with a cig but the neck and body are sound. The electronics are perfect! Freshly strung with DR Hi Beam 40-100. This is just about the baddest playing rock bass I have owned and I have had more than a few. Open to ship. If you want her shipped, PM me a zip and I will check on a price.
    She comes with a tweed Fernandes case, all latches work, one of the 'lay down' feet off but all the stand up feet are intact.
    I am only asking what I paid Quad for her, $480. Not looking for a profit flip, just figured I would pass her on to a Brother or Sister TB'er and I can use the cash as I have my eye on a Rouge with my name on it. I have her for sale local on the C-list for a bit more. I might be willing to trade but I am really looking to sell. Send me offers and i will let you know. As you can see, I am partial to the works of Leo and I wouldn't kick an Alley outa' bed (cash added on my end, of course).
    Here are a few tease pics and a link to my Picasa album. Please feel free to ask any and all questions.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109227691592705810106/IbanezUSATK4?authkey=Gv1sRgCJOJpJTJg9vcOw#

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

this bass is a sick, sick, sick player!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has some bumps and bruises, but I assure you that she is 100% there playability wise and tone wise. Neck is especially nice. A shallower profile (front to back) that the import ATK's. Very fast neck!

3. Quadzilla

oh and the seller (Ed) and I have had many dealings in person. Super nice dude! Ed will not do you wrong!

4. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    I'm not in the market but I just wanted to pile on the USATK love - I had the 5 string version of this bass in trans blue back in the late 90s. Awesome bass, wish I still had it!

5. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Awwww, shucks. Thanks Quad!

6. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    I had the same one as this. Very nice. I sold mine for considerably more than this deal.

7. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    Is this the same bass that has sold here a few times in the last few months?

8. Quadzilla

nope

9. Bump from another recent addition to the Alembic club. Once you own one, everything else just has to go.

10. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland

I bought a new one of these back in the early '90s too...great great bass!

11. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    PM'd

12. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    In reply to the PM's I've gotten, I took more and closer pics.
    This is a players bass as stated in the ad. This is reflected in the descripition, the pics and the price. If it were a museum piece, I'd be a bit higher on the price. ;)
    Here's the link -

https://picasaweb.google.com/109227691592705810106/ClosePicsOfTheUSATK?authkey=Gv1sRgCPXG1obAy_7Qbw#

There are slight nicks on the back of the neck and a few on the front. I took pics of the only 2 spots on the board. See the pics on an angle for these. The action is low thanks to Quad and not alot of fret wear (see pics). I have not noticed any high frets.
    The body has some battle scars, all earned but hell, Fender charges extra $$ for this! :rollno:
    Let me know if this has helped. SSB

13. Love it but attempting fiscal responsibility bump.

14. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Sure, now everyone wants to! :rollno:

PM's returned bump

15. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    PM's returned.
    Not realy looking to lay out cash in a trade. :eyebrow:
    Please keep this in mind when wanting to trade $1,000 stuff.
    Bump.

16. Quadzilla

Very, VERY hard to believe that this is still here. If you played this bass, I can almost certainly assure you that would own her. Best playing ATK 4 that I've ever put my hands on!

17. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've been thinking about it, but I already own an ATK. It's hard to justify the same bass twice to the wife:D

18. Quadzilla

but is yours a USATK or an import? If yours is an import, buy this and sell that. They two may sound the same, but feel and play quite differently!

19. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    +1!

20. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It is an import. Is the sound the same? What exactly about the playability is different? Different neck shape or width?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021