1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: 1999 MIA P-Bass $500

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Aaron, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I bought it new in 2002, iirc. It sat in a warehouse for a while. It might be a 2000 model.

-Four-String American Model
    -All original
    -Comes with original case (case has a few marks on it, but functions perfectly)
    -Rosewood Fingerboard
    -Metallic Purple Finish
    -Near-mint - two blemishes - one small indentation about 2 mm in diameter next to the bridge-side strap button; a chip of the finish on the side of the fingerboard (where the side dots are, very small)

$500 plus shipping-
    I'm not sure if I can use paypal (haven't used it for a long time and never have received money through it), so I'd prefere check or money order. If you want to pick it up, I live just north of Seattle.

I have many pictures, they are about 1.5 mbs a peice, so ask if you'd like to see any and if you want any resized.

For trades, the only thing I could use right now is a demeter preamp + cash, but I might consider trades for something else.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey bro....I'll come up to your place to make a deal on my Spector and some cash on my end.

-Mike

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Darn- My friend just bought a similar spector about a week ago.

Sorry, I guess I'm really not looking for a bass, although I've been thinking about a fretless piccolo bass or a dirt cheap fretless ABG ($50-100.) But I don't think there are too many people with fretless piccolo basses looking to trade for a p-bass.

I don't need cabs or poweramps as well, but I'll consider other preamps besides the demeter that are similar.

Thanks for the offer,
    -Aaron

4. Have you seen reiisue the Guild Ashbory Basses on ebay?The are like 240 new.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA

I've never been a fan of rubber strings. I'd like to get something I could put rounds on.

Thanks for the idea, though.

I guess i'm pretty stubborn to when it comes to what I'm looking for in equipment.

-Aaron

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Metallic Purple p-basses are now discontinued, so they can be rather difficult to find.

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I can confirm that it is officially a 1999 model being the first two digits are N9 in the serial number.

8. That's true...

and fyi, any Fender guitar/bass made in the new millenium is prefixed with a Z (for zero). example: z1, z2,z3,z4, etc...

in the future...if anybody has any questions regarding anything Fender...go to fenderforum.com...those guys know everything Fender...it's almost scary.

9. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    bump