Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: 1999 MIA P-Bass $500

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Aaron, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I bought it new in 2002, iirc. It sat in a warehouse for a while. It might be a 2000 model.

-Four-String American Model
    -All original
    -Comes with original case (case has a few marks on it, but functions perfectly)
    -Rosewood Fingerboard
    -Metallic Purple Finish
    -Near-mint - two blemishes - one small indentation about 2 mm in diameter next to the bridge-side strap button; a chip of the finish on the side of the fingerboard (where the side dots are, very small)

$500 plus shipping-
    I'm not sure if I can use paypal (haven't used it for a long time and never have received money through it), so I'd prefere check or money order. If you want to pick it up, I live just north of Seattle.

I have many pictures, they are about 1.5 mbs a peice, so ask if you'd like to see any and if you want any resized.

For trades, the only thing I could use right now is a demeter preamp + cash, but I might consider trades for something else.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey bro....I'll come up to your place to make a deal on my Spector and some cash on my end.

-Mike

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Darn- My friend just bought a similar spector about a week ago.

Sorry, I guess I'm really not looking for a bass, although I've been thinking about a fretless piccolo bass or a dirt cheap fretless ABG ($50-100.) But I don't think there are too many people with fretless piccolo basses looking to trade for a p-bass.

I don't need cabs or poweramps as well, but I'll consider other preamps besides the demeter that are similar.

Thanks for the offer,
    -Aaron

4. Have you seen reiisue the Guild Ashbory Basses on ebay?The are like 240 new.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA

I've never been a fan of rubber strings. I'd like to get something I could put rounds on.

Thanks for the idea, though.

I guess i'm pretty stubborn to when it comes to what I'm looking for in equipment.

-Aaron

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Metallic Purple p-basses are now discontinued, so they can be rather difficult to find.

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I can confirm that it is officially a 1999 model being the first two digits are N9 in the serial number.

8. That's true...

and fyi, any Fender guitar/bass made in the new millenium is prefixed with a Z (for zero). example: z1, z2,z3,z4, etc...

in the future...if anybody has any questions regarding anything Fender...go to fenderforum.com...those guys know everything Fender...it's almost scary.