1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: 2003 Warwick Thumb 5 BO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bass10bfb, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Hey guys; thanks for looking!!!! I just picked this Warwick up in the past month or so (I thought my daughter would love it, but she is so used to the pickup positions on the Corvette model that she can't get used to this). I play 6 strings almost all of the time now, so here is a chance for somebody to get a great Thumb. 2003 model; been played and not kept in the house, but nothing major. I tried to capture all dings, dents, or anything else in the pics. Electronics work great. Great sounding bass with a killer, articulate, and tight B string (just like I love my Warwicks)!!!

I am asking $1,100 cash for it (or best offer) shipped anywhere in the U.S. If we are talking trade, I would consider the trade value higher (probably around 1,200 or so).

As far as trades, I am still looking to pick my daughter up something nice (5 string) so feel free to make any offers. If you have a 6 string bass, feel free to make offers with those too (I may want it and just buy her something else).

*****Also, I have tons of pedals, a Spector Legend 5 string, a GK MB200 Head, and a Glock Quattro cab that I could add as trade bait for the right bass, so again, feel free to make offers.***** AND, I can add cash if necessary to the right offer!!!

Here are some pics and a Photobucket Link to a lot more:

TheBassFamily028.

TheBassFamily026.

TheBassFamily027.

TheBassFamily031.

TheBassFamily030.

http://photobucket.com/thumb5newpics

This is another great sounding Warwick; I wish it was a 6 string and I would keep it!!!! Here is a great chance to pick up a great Thumb!!
    Thanks for looking guys and God Bless!!!

2. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Spector euro 5lx?

3. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Why aren't you my father??!?!? :crying: bump for an awesome bass and a great dad

4. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Since your daughter loves Corvette's, what would she think of a mintish 1999 Corvette 5 but in fretless?
    i'm a Warwick lover myself and have been wanting to try the Thumb...

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Or if the op would prefer a Bongo 5 HH, I'd be into a 3 way where Zach gets the Thumb, I get his Spector, and op gets the Bongo.

6. maguire

maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    NYC / Westchester
    I'll be very impressed if this happens!

7. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Well, I could think of jokes here but they are not worth saying!!!! :D :D :D :D

I would love to see some pics of the Spector and the Bongo if possible guys... I can't promise anything; my daughter is probably gonna have to help me pick it out for her...I am tired of buying and turning around and selling within a week...... Personally, I would love either one for myself!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

8. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    PM'S answered.....TONS of interest in the Thumb....lots of great offers I am looking into.....

9. MelodicExp

MelodicExp

Aug 17, 2011
    dude sweet bass im interested how does the payment arrangement work?

10. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    PMS answered....
    Bass is still for sale; buyer backed out on me......still interested in trades and/or a straight out sale. Just hit me up!!!
    I am waiting on my daughter to get home from work tonight to look at some offers.....also considering cash and partial trade offers, so keep them coming!!!!

11. That is a gorgeous bass, wish I could afford it

12. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Thanks bro!!! It is a beast and plays and sounds fantastic!!! I wish it had one more string and I would be playing it all the time!!!!

13. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    OK guys...... my daughter is really set on getting another Warwick. So, the Thumb 5 is for sale still; or we can trade it towards another Warwick, something with the same pickup configuration (or similar in position) to the Warwick Corvettes.
    Feel free to make offers!!!!

14. eno50

eno50

Jan 31, 2009
    North of Memphis
    Does she want a 5 string or four?
    I have a 4 string corvete german 02 model
    Eno

15. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    It has to be a 5'er. She started out on a Corvette 5 string and that is what she wants to continue playing on.

16. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Bump...... anybody got a real nice 5 string Warwick???? I can trade the Thumb 5 and add cash if the bass is worth more than my Thumb 5........

17. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Tuesday Bump......

18. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I don't blame her for wanting a Corvette... My main gig bass is a German bubinga Corvette 5 std. and just about the finest bass I've ever had..glwtt

19. bass10bfb

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Thanks bro; I agree too........ I gigged that same Vette (my first ever Warwick) for several years and recorded 2 CD's with it....... a killer bass indeed!!!!!

20. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

+1 for the 'vettes. Amazing basses. Also bump for something I wish I could justify. Only interested in 5 strings eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.