1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT 2011 Fender American Standard Jazz V (trade for 4-strings)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Habilis, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    2011 Fender American Standard Jazz V
    After a lengthy and expensive flirtation with 5-strings I have come to the conclusion they are not for me. Or, rather, I am not for them. In any event, I am selling or trading the black-bodied, white-pickguarded, maple-necked Jazz V I bought from TBer Trabeen just a few weeks ago.

Here is the link to the pictures from the original sales thread, which I could not possibly improve upon.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-2011-fender-american-standard-jazz-v-898097/

This bass is as close to mint as any I have ever seen, certainly in far better shape than anything that you'd pull off the wall at a music store. There's some very minor swirling next to the bridge pickup, and that's IT. The bass has only been played at home except for one band practice. This bass is unbelievably light for a 5-string--it makes my SLO Stingray feel like a big lead pipe. The PUs and so on are standard; controls are 2 volume knobs and a tone knob. The neck is very straight and the action is astonishingly low. It's meant to be played by a much nicer person than me.

The bass comes in the TSA-approved armored-car style Fender case, complete with all of the case candy: Truss-rod and bridge adjusting tools, Fender polishing kit, Fender strap (never even unwrapped), the Fender cord (which I used ONCE, at home), Strap-locks and various Fender paperwork. The case has some very minor scuffing, but it's pretty close to brand new as well.

I paid $875 including shipping for it, which is a very reasonable price. I'd like to get $850 for it (I'll call the $25 the price of the lesson I learned) including FEDEX ground shipping to the Lower 48. I'd go $800 for Los Angeles area sale. I won't be selling this on Craigslist or eBay for at least a month after I post this TB listing because I'd prefer to sell it here and get my feedback track record beefed up a little.

I'd prefer cash, but I'd be interested in 4-string trades. I like active basses (EBMMs and G&Ls) and I'd prefer to trade down and make some cash back. For example, a RAY34 or an original SUB(not one of the new ones), or Tribute L2000 plus $3-400 or so would be doable. There's wiggle room in there.

I'm also flirting with the notion of buying a Tele or Strat to fool around with, so I'm open to that. You can offer up Ibanezes, Yamahas, etc. but I have to be honest in that I just don't know enough about them to know what a good deal is, so I'll be less inclined to accept them. But make offers! It can't hurt, right? If I don't sell it I'll keep it and maybe one day decide to try it out again.

Don't miss this opportunity to increase your string count by 20% and to own a pristine US-made classic!

2. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Per requests, I went and weighed this on my wii balance board (man, I've really gotta get my fat ass back on that thing and exercise one of these days) and it came in at approx. 9.25-9.33 lbs. They don't show you an exact figure. So, at the most, 9 and 1/3 lbs, at the least, 9 and 1/4 lbs. To me, it feels very light.

3. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Several PMs replied to, some very interesting offers, but I'm still holding out to some extent for a cheaper 4-string and some cash. I think my ideal scenario is ending up with a pretty good $350-$550 backup/modding bass and some cash in hand.

4. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    PMing you on something interesting... I bought the P5 off of Ken just before you got this Jazz....

5. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good morning, everyone. I'm weighing some nice options but this bass is still in play. I would also be interested in MIM Jazz or P-Basses with active electronics and some $ to make up the trade difference. Again, if anyone has a SUB, Ray34, SB14 or something along those lines and they want to trade up let's talk!

6. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, I had some pretty great trade offers but then a local guy was willing to pay cash, which, as always, is much appreciated. Thread closed, and thanks, everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.