1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: 2011 Fender Blacktop Jazz & MIM Fender Precision w/UPGRADES!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bah0003, Aug 17, 2012.

1. 2011 Fender Blacktop Jazz
    I'm sure most of you know, but this is a black jazz body with dual P bass pickups in the neck and bridge position (black pickguard).
    I bought this bass new in November of 2011 and have played it around once a week since... Played live with it 3 times. I still have the hang tags, paperwork, and box it came with.
    This bass is in emmaculate condition... No signs of wear, no buckle rash, no nicks or dings. I have only played the strings twice that are on the guitar (ROTO Swing66).
    [DEL]$450[/DEL] $435 shipped including the dimarzio cliplock strap, and hardshell case (case has seen better days but still does the job)

'04/'05 Fender Precision MIM
    Sunburst P bass I got through a trade. I have put in Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, and installed a Gotoh 210 Chrome Hi-mass bridge. I have also put a black Fender American pickguard on. The strings on the bass are Roto swing 66 Heavy guage but are nearly dead. The bass has no buckle rash, but does show clear coat scratches on the bottom by the strap button. I have a busted Fender gig bag that I will ship it in for protection. Decals will be removed upon purchase. (Original bridge, pickups, and white pickguard will be included)
    Looking to get $420 shipped.
    (I would prefer to hold on to this P until the Blacktop J is sold or until they can sale together)

I am selling these to fund the purchase of a USA EBMM Stingray 4 string or Fender American Standard P or J.

I am interested in 2 for 1 trades (maybe cash) for the basses listed above - OR - Geddy Lee or Road Worn w/ hardcase^^^

photo bt 1.JPG photo p 1.JPG

2. A couple more pictures...
    I have more if needed.
    photo btj 1.JPG photo bt 3.JPG

3. A few more pictures... I apologize for the quality (iPhone cam). If you would like pictures taken with an actual digital camera of either bass please let me know!

photo p 2.JPG photo btj 3.JPG

4. Bump... I would also condsider trading for Geddy Lee or Road Worn Fenders with hard case. Make some offers!!!

5. BUMP... send on the offers!

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    For anyone who may be interested, I would like to point out that those Blacktop "P" pickups absolutely smoke.

7. Thank You Tim! And you are 100% correct!!! and Thank You to everyone who showed interest and messaged me!

Sale is pending for TB member to pickup locally! I will post when bass has swapped hands.

I will be starting a new thread for the MIM P BASS so keep a lookout if interested.

8. Blacktop J is SOLD! $400 local pickup by an awesome TB'er.
    P Bass still available, but I have started a new thread for it... $420 shipped