1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT- 3 basses, Yamaha, ESP, Warmoth

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kjpollo, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I've somehow managed to end up with 9 basses and not enough time for all of them. That means its time to move out some gear I'm not using very much and add some stuff that I need.

Here we go:

First up is a 2007 ESP LTD B404SM, lightweight right around 8lbs, 5 pc maple/walnut neck thru w/rosewood FB, swamp ash body with beautiful spalted maple top. I was lucky- when these first came out my local Sam Ash got 3 of em. I was the first buyer so I got the best top they had. Full EMG guts- 35P4 and 35DC pickups with a 3 band EMG pre (not sure of the exact model). This one has a set of Dunlop straplocks that will stay with the bass. I cant find the original buttons anywhere.
    Matte satin finish- this one looks like brand-new, I cant find a mark on it anywhere.

Great sound-very powerful- but it doesnt really fit in with the classic rock covers I'm doing.

ESPbody.

ESPfull.

Asking $[DEL]425[/DEL] [DEL]$400 [/DEL] $375 OBO shipped

Next is a Yamaha BB614- this is the active version. All stock, clear amber tint on an alder body. Maple neck w/rosewood FB.
    Yamaha P-J pickups (though the J has a blade magnet) and 3 band EQ. This one has been played-there are some surface dings on the front and back. Slim neck on this one. I did my best with pics of the dings but I'm not much of a photographer.:oops:

This one is a real workhorse but I have a couple of other basses that do the P-J thing very well.

100_0544.

100_0546.

100_0547.

Asking [DEL]$325 [/DEL] $300 OBO shipped

last but not least is a Warmoth/G&L frankenbass.

Beautiful Warmoth birdseye maple neck/FB. 1 7/8" at the nut and a shade under 3" at the 22nd fret puts this close to the dimensions of a Gecko Medium neck, but it has 2 less frets and a different headstock. The position dots are either MOP or abalone- I cant tell the difference! :oops:
    The body is a non-Warmoth one-off. According to the builder/former owner, the body is mahogany and he had it cut to resemble a Gecko.

The guts are from a G&L L2500. MFD pickups and the G&L pre. It also includes proper controls- 3 knobs and 3 switches.

The tuners and string bar are black, the straplocks and G&L knobs [DEL]and switches [/DEL]are all gold tone. The bridge is a Hipshot- gold body with black saddles. CORRECTION- the switches are NOT gold, they are chrome-my bad! :oops:

This one was previously listed for sale/trade and I disclosed a significant string alignment issue. I have since moved the bridge and things are MUCH better now. Not perfect-this is a home-brew frankenbass after all, but definitely better than before. There are also 2 black marks on the sides of the headstock. It looks like this bass spent some time in a wall hanger and some of the cushioning stuck to the headstock. You cant see it from the front and it has zero affect when you're playing but I believe in full disclosure.

The string spacing on this is 17mm and it weighs in at 10.6 lbs.

I'm moving this one because I rarely need a 5er with what I'm playing and this one deserves to be played more. WAY more! Its got a very good, solid B and the G&L guts give it a huge range of tones.

*** NOTE *** the "long view" of this bass was taken BEFORE I moved the bridge. It shows how far off the alignment USED to be. I was taking a few additional shots tonight and my camera batteries crapped out so I cant upload them until I get new lithiums.

100_0534.

***NOTE *** new "LONG VIEW" showing the improved string alignment after I moved the bridge***

100_0548.

100_0532.

100_0527-1.

based on the parts, I'm looking to get $[DEL]$600[/DEL] [DEL]$575 [/DEL] $550 OBO on this one and I WILL consider parting it out since someone has already contacted me about buying the neck.

As far as trades go, I mainly need a good, solid amp head (Nemesis, GK, Carvin, etc) and a 410 cab (SWR, Avatar, Hartke, Carvin). For the cab, I'd prefer to keep that local (CT, western MA, Southeast New York, northern NJ) to avoid crazy shipping charges for either of us.
    I'd also consider a good 2x10 combo amp that can run an external cab.

I really dont need any more basses but I would consider trades for the following:

Ray34 in Silverburst or Honeyburst
    SUB 4
    G&L L2000 Trib in something other than natural
    Lakland 44-01 in sunburst.
    Active Carvin with a walnut body
    Maybe a 2 for one trade for a Warwick Corvette $$??

I could also use a POG effect pedal as additional trade bait.

I also have an older SWR 220 head that I could also add in a deal. I dont have any pics of it because its in our rehearsal space but it would only be available if I need to include it in a trade for a better head. I'm not putting a price on it because its not presently for sale.

I dont need any more 5's, I have no need for a fretless and I cannot add cash to a deal.

I do not have extra cases or gigbags for shipping but any basses I have to ship will be extremely well-packed.
    ***CORRECTION- I found an extra gigbag for the 1st bass that needs to be shipped-its not great by any means but its serviceable. If I have to ship 2, the other one will be throughly double-boxed. If I have to ship all 3, I'll get whatever packing materials are necessary to make sure the job is done properly.

I do NOT have paypal so a USPS money order is preferred. I also MUCH prefer to keep this CONUS. If Paypal is absolutely necessary, I think I can arrange something though my guitar player but I have to talk to him first.

Let me know what you have,
    Thanks for looking!

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    C'mon fellas! I need an amp soon!

3. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Couple of offers so far, but no matches yet.

I promise I'll post "after" pics showing the new & improved string alignment on the franken 5er. Just have to remember new batteries for the camera.

Thanks for looking.

4. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    ***Bonus with the frankenbass- when I got it, the guy I traded with included an extra set of tuners in gold.
    They went missing soon after I got the bass and I just found them last night.
    I will include them with the bass if the new owner wants them. That would give the bass almost all gold hardware except for the string tree/bar and the bridge saddles.

5. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Bump for a couple of lowered prices:

The ESP is now $400 OBO shipped

The franken 5 is now $575 OBO shipped and I will include the gold tuners if the buyer wants them.

I'm also considering parting out the frankenbass- I'm going to be opening a thread in the "Accessories" forum.

Also- dont forget- the prices are "OBO" so I'm willing to discuss the prices on all of the basses.

Thanks for looking! :)

6. Any more picks of the Frankenbass? I've been contemplating building that exact thing with a Warmoth neck, Warmoth G5 body, and G&L electronics...

Thanks.

7. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Interested in a Carvin BRX4.10 NEO for the Warmoth/G&L 5er?

8. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Thats interesting
    I sent you a PM

9. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    No spalted maple love? I've gotten inquiries on the Yamaha and the frankenbass but the ESP is sitting there with no one asking about it?

Doesnt seem right for such a pretty face to be a wallflower at the dance!:smug:

10. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Bump for another price drop on the ESP- now $375 shipped.

I have a couple of pretty decent offers out there but it never hurts to look for more.
    A couple of cab options and one possibility for a head.

But I'm still taking offers.

Dont forget- all prices are OBO!!!

11. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Bump for 2 more price drops.

The Yamaha is now $300 and the franken is now $550.

And-as before, prices are OBO- Make some offers!

And dont for get about trade offers. I can use a POG pedal as part of a deal!

12. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Much to my surprise the frankenbass is getting most of the attention. I have a couple of possibilities on that one.

Still taking offers for trades OR cash deals.
    Believe it or not, I'd actually prefer trades but I'll definitely take cash buyers as well.

Thanks

13. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Thanksgiving bump!

The franken 5 is headed off to part-out land! I have a buyer for the neck and the pickups-still have the G&L preamp w/wiring harness, pots, switches and knobs; bridge; body and straplocks.

Now I have some activity on the ESP but a couple of possible trades on the Yamaha have fallen through.

Cash is good and I'm open to trades too!

14. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Bump!

Getting some activity on all 3 now.

Anyone got a POG and some cash???

15. bump for a beautiful spalted ESP. this is a gorgeous guitar with a MSRP of over 1200USD on the market for less than 400. if you read through ken's post history, it's littered with posts touting just how great this bass is. someone please snatch this up so i don't feel so terrible about having to watch it sit on the classifieds

ESPbody.

16. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Thanks for the bump!

This is a very "elastic" market to say the least. I've had some offers float in on all 3 basses and some of them sure seemed serious but almost nothing has panned out.:bawl:

I'd love to be able to move these basses and in turn, I would be making some other TBers happy because I need a better amp head and a good 410 cab and I know the exact 2 pieces I want to buy.

The 5er is being parted out but the ESP and Yamaha are still available- cmon folks-help me help out some other TBers this holiday season!

(or trade me a solid reliable amp head or 410 cab you dont use anymore!)

17. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Now have a couple of possibilities on the Yamaha, 1 shipped and 1 local but still nothing confirmed.

ESP has drawn some interest but no firm commitments on that one either.

Anybody need a gold/black 5 string bridge? Or a complete G&L L2500 preamp assembly with all wires, switches, pots and knobs? Or a nice mahogany body routed for humbuckers?

The neck and pickups from the Frankenbass are spoken for (just trying to find a box to ship the neck in!)

Thanks for looking!

18. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    PM sent on LTD.

19. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    PM replied!

20. madbassplaya