1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: 3 JBL E-140 speakers, in need of re-coning

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by monkeybass68, Mar 30, 2013.

1. As the title states, I have 3 of these awesome 15" speakers (all are 8 ohms) that I purchased in the mid to late 80's. They all need to be re-coned & I just don't have the time to or money to get it taken care of myself.
    So, if you're interested in 1, 2 or all 3, hit me up & make me an offer & we'll try to work out a deal. Might be interested in trades depending on what u have.

2. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    TB rules haven't changed since the last thread you tried to sell these speakers in. This is not an auction site and you need to post a sale price.

3. Sorry if that seemed like an "auction" type of post.
    Looking for about $100 a piece. Would make better deal for multiple speakers.

4. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Trying not to be a downer here, but I'm pretty sure you can't put the same stuff in two different categories either. These speakers spent all day yesterday and last night in both the Amps section and the Accessories section. Kinda unfair, no?

5. Someone actually recommended on the amps section that I put it in the accessories section. Plus, I'm not exactly sure how its unfair. I'm just another bassist on here trying to sell off some gear I'm not using to pay for either new gear or other stuff in my life. Don't really see what's wrong with that.

6. And for the record, they've been listed in the amp section for a few weeks now.

7. Hey Fran F, just read my other listing & u were the one that suggested putting it in the accessories section. What gives? Kinda odd that u recommended that I do this then say its unfair that I do it. No hard feelings, just a li'l confused by that.

8. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Just thought you couldn't have them in two different categories. If they're in Accessories, they should be deleted from the Amps section?

9. Does it really matter if its in both? Is it somehow interfering with other people trying to sell stuff? If that's the case, I'll delete it. However, seeing as how I wasn't exactly sure which category to put it in, it stands to reason that people that may be interested in the speakers may not be sure which category to find them listed under, no?

10. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Let me try to clear this up.

When you have a FS thread in a particular classified section for awhile and you don't seem to be getting any bites, it might help to switch to a different section. Since only the mods have the ability to move a thread, your preferred option is to simply close the first thread and create a brand new one in the new section. If it happens that there is useful information contained in the old thread that is a hassle to repeat just create a link to the old thread from the new.

The reason TB doesn't want multiple duplicate threads open isn't because it might be "unfair". It's just that it's very confusing to potential buyers trying to keep track of what's for sale and if it's still available without having to flip back and forth among different classified sections.

Hope this helps and good luck.

- Dan

11. Thanks Dan, that does clear it up. I'll go post & end it.

12. bump